Why are the people here ignoring my threads?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Uri234, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uri234

Uri234 Active Member

Why are the people here ignoring my threads?

My thread "Is gravity really the curvature of spacetime" did not receive an answer.

And why is that? Are the people here ignoring me on purpose?
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Uri234. I just saw this thread now, so I'm replying right away.

Sometimes people don't reply right away when a thread goes up. They read it and think about it, and come back later to reply.

Many times, people aren't sure what to say and don't want to cause more hurt to someone, so they just say nothing. And sometimes, they don't have enough info to know what they might offer. Other times, they have no experience of their own with a similar issue so they don't reply. Occasionally, an issue can be too similar and a member feels triggered so they don't say anything.

I guess I'm trying to say, it could be all kinds of things, and it probably has nothing to do with YOU as person, sweetie. I hope you continue to post and if you want to, to share your story and feelings with us.

Glad you are reaching out. I hope to hear from you more! :arms:
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I think on that particular thread it is a topic many people do not understand or feel inclined to discuss- it has not been up for long - let more people look and I am sure there will be some informed science types with an opinion....
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I just read the post (you have to give time for people to read, think about, and respond) and was not sure what to reply to it. As NYJ said above, the subject matter is probably a little different than most of the discussions on the forum and others may not quite know how to respond to it either.
  5. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

I don't see the post, and if I don't reply right away, it's just...I don't know what to say at the moment, but when I do, I will reply. It's not that we're ignoring you, but you know, sometimes you just can't talk because you don't know what to say...
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I can assure you, I saw the thread, I wasn't intentionally ignoring it. But I'm certainly not a physicist, and I have very little knowledge on the matter, which is why I didn't reply, because I felt I didn't have anything meaningful to contribute.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I just got on here, so I haven't seen the thread yet. But sometimes I don't answer threads if I don't know exactly what to say, because I don't want to say the wrong thing. I'm sorry you feel ignored, but I'm sure it's not intentional :hug:
  8. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

URI234, I noticed that I don't get many responses to my postings. At first, I took it as I'm being ignored, but now I think that people know me from my past postings and they think that I could answer back to my own postings now. I guess I have to fend for myself, such as answering my own problems.
  9. Adam

Adam SF Supporter

Posted, you are not being ignored, it is just the heading of your title likely put people off from knowing what to say.
  10. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Ok Adam, then how should I title my postings?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.