Why are we here?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ghost_rider, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_rider

ghost_rider Member

I know its the fundamental question of life, but I really cant figure it out. What is our purpose?

It just seems like an endless circle - eat, work, do stuff, sleep. Even if you have a hobby, what purpose does it serve? To occupy your time until you die of "natural causes"? Even when I am doing something that makes me temporarily happy, it still feels like its just burning time.

I think this is the root of my feelings lately - that even if I could shake this internal darkness, there still isn't a single reason for our existence. It eats at me every day. I have 2 children, and I love them with all that I am. But that's just part of another loop - stay strong for your kids, so they can grow into adults and have kids that can grow into adults and have kids.... and so on forever.

Does anyone have a concrete, logical reason as to why they get out of bed every day and do whatever it is they do all day before going back to bed?

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

not really...used to be the same as you....kids to look after and raise to hopefully make a difference..

3. coffee

coffee Well-Known Member

Yes, Why am I here?
    WHY
    cuz I didn't have any choice.
    I am born in this world and life has been only miserable and hurtful.
    nothing makes me happy anymore. I lost all my strengths and beliefs about myself. I don't belong here and I only deserve to die.
    Why wait. what makes me stop. I know it's wrong but I am so fed up and tired. I want out.

4. lhmac

lhmac New Member

this thread really rings true to me at the minute, I obsess about this everyday, everything seems magnified recently. I'm only working part time and don't really have a direction, I know if I had directions and other things going on I wouldn't feel like I'm just living to work, breathing to sleep, moving to eat....

5. 88993

88993 New Member

we're here to die,lol...

6. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Wouldn't have a clue what the point is in sticking around. I'm fucking hoping at the end of this shit ride there'll be something bloody good. :laugh:

7. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

I'd guess that the purpose is to find purpose... :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.