Why are we still alive?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kristellechou, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristellechou

kristellechou Well-Known Member

I've been thinking recently.

There's been so much death in the world. Like, these days, plane crashes, shootings and freak accidents. My phone has this option where news from all over the world pops up on my home screen and everyday, a few times a day, there's a report about someone or some people dying. Buzzfeed, too.

So, why then, am I still alive is what I've been wondering. If i ask anyone I know this question, they're going to say, 'because you're still meant to do something here' or some variation of that but that feels like a load of crap.

I've actually been praying I don't wake up in the morning - every night, I pray for that, and I'm still here. A few of us here have actually attempted, myself included, yet we are still here.

So many out there are dying but we're not. I just really wonder why.
  2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

With over 7 billion people here and an average life span well below 100 its just a high probability that many people will pass away on any given day. With the world we live in, there will always be a high chance of accidents, murders, acts of nature that effect peoples lives. Personally, watching the news and reading news sites doesn't upset me but I know it can for a lot of people.

As to why you are alive I'm not going to say 'because you're still meant to do something here', because I'm not sure what I believe in myself. I think it is up to each individual to decide what their purpose is in life and to pursue it. Whether you choose to do that through religious beliefs and values or not depends entirely on the person, but my take at the moment is trying to enjoy the good days as much as I can and try to forget the bad.

I hope you are feeling somewhat better now, but if you're not and you need to talk you can always private message me. Take care :hug:
  3. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I can relate to what your saying I watch the news and everyday there's stories about people being killed and I have rather messed up response to this instead of feeling sorrow for the people killed I always tend to feel envy that it's not me which I admit is a bit selfish,I also do things like refusing to wear a seatbelt to increase my chances in the event of an accident.
  4. ScarlettHurts1990

ScarlettHurts1990 Active Member

I TOTALLY relate to this. I ask the same sort of questions. I lost a friend to a car accident 2 years ago and wonder why it wasn't me instead. He enjoyed life while I am too depressed to even function anymore. The news terrifies me- you're right, there's so much death these days. The thought that I could be next keeps me up at night! It's daunting never to know. I feel guilty for even breathing when I'm so miserable, and other people have to die so young and they wanted to live. It consumes my every move, quite honestly. This world has gone straight to the dogs and I'm sick of living in such an awful, terrible place!
  5. AmeliaS.

AmeliaS. Member

Dude, I used to avoid wearing a seat belt too. Anything to up your chances. But it just isn't enough to leave it up to chance sometimes.
  6. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

I dont pity the dead. I envy them. They dont feel, they dont hurt, theyre not sad, they dont suffer, or get angry, they dont have to wake up, ever again and push themselves through the day, they dont know anything. Theyre everything I want to be. Theyre dead.
  7. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the day to come
  8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

If only I'd been on that plane
  9. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Why can't I just bloody die
  10. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

They need to kill the nutters
  11. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Thread closed. Non productive and non supportive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.