Why are women/girls so bitchy and competitive?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I am trying to get my social circle back and so far I've made about two friends, both male.
    My Mum said to me I should try and make a few girl - friends, but looking over the female friends I've had in the past I really don't want to.

I have never really gotten along with girls (usually because of my own jealousy and insecurities) and I grew up with brothers anyway, so I feel more at ease in male company.

Every time I have had a female friend she has (ever so subtly and sometimes not so subtly) shown me her bitchy, competitive side even if she doesn't mean to, it just comes out.
    And I suppose I notice it more because I haven't grown up with women, other than my mother who has 3 older sisters and definitely fits the mould of what I am talking about.

Why do women always feel the need to compete and one up other women? I'm not saying I am any different - I am no exception, and I suppose it gets to me because I don't want to compete (honestly, it's probably because for the most part I feel like I can't, even though there are some instances where I may be able to, I wouldn't even want to).

Why are women like this? Will someone explain this to me!
  2. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

Uhhh.. no idea what your talking about.. Or do I?? :unsure:

I find it easier to be around girls and well i dont think i sensed that. I mean not from everyone. There some girls that do things like that i guess but then there are some guys that do that to.

Some people just dont like others and gotta prove their dominance over them. Ehh.. i have no idea what im talking about.
  3. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I don't know. It might be just a perception of gender. For example, I found myself making easier friends with women than I do men, even if the relationship never evolves past friendship.

When I'm around other men, I feel like I'm in "competition." We measure each other up, we talk about where we've been and the things that we've done. I find myself measuring myself against them, and often I make the determination of whether I can "dominate" or should remain "subservient." I realize that this might be a fundamentally immature way of evaluating people, but it is an unfortunate characteristic of myself that I'm still trying to disengage from my personality.

I don't have this reaction around women. I don't feel the need for competition, and so I tend to relax my guard, and as a result I tend to seek out female companionship for friends.
  4. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Women tend to talk to other women about their "problems" and therefore, women tend to get involved in things for their friends, to be protective etc, which leads to arguments and "drama". Men just forget it and leave it in the past, or beat the crap out of each other. It's just how we've developed in the world, and is unlikely to change for sometime. If you feel more comfortable around male company, you should stick with it. Hanging with people you don't like can only make you unhappy.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I wish I knew the answer; but I have mostly male friends, for the same reason you mentioned in your original post.
  6. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

That's feminism for you. Competing and ribbing/bitching are traditional male traits, but nowadays women have been masculinised and men have been feminised. It's sad - one would've hoped women wouldn't stoop to mens immature level. My ex-girlfriend was a proper geezer bird - she swore like a trooper, played the drums, and basically wasn't very feminine, hence why I never fancied her.
    If your not inclined to competition with competitive people, then I don't think there's any point in pursuing a friendship - ultimately it will upset you.
    Women with guy friends... I don't believe all that anymore. If a guy is listening to you and willingly in your company, then he almost certainly fancies you; and if he doesn't, then it's because you're good for his social status. I suppose it's just something you have to discover & realise yourself.
  7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

for the same reason guys secretly hate other guys and compete with them on a subconscious level and want to hit on their friends girlfriends and want to fuck their friends girlfriends and want to have the best looking girlfriend

because we are all sexual creatures always wanting to be the best, friendships are a bunch of crap if you ask me, I guess a guy and a girl can be friends(sex will probably be involved of some sort) and you can get a dog or a cat or a animal and that can be your loyal companion, but friendships among people of the same gender are a bunch of crap, there will always be competition involved, at least on a subconscious, not talked about level, if one of you becomes better looking, or you earn more money or you do something to improve yourself, one of your friends who thought they were better then you will probably resent you and do what they can to put you down
  8. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

What are you talking about??? You cant be serious??
    Both sexes show care for each other just in different ways and certain extents.
  9. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

This is all extremely cynical and largely untrue. In fact, what you have written here is downright sexist - against men. You seem to be saying the female sex has been corrupted (reduced to men's "immature level"), and that men are inherently aggressive and insecure, who seek to deceive the women in their lives to get them into the sack! True feminism does not make women out be perfect, heavenly creatures chained to slobbering brutes called men. It seeks equality, understanding and respect between the sexes. Warped generalisations like yours are what keeps sexism alive!

OP, your observations about females in general could be true - I, as a male, couldn't say for sure. I'd only suggest that you should keep mostly male company if that is what makes you comfortable.

Best wishes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.