Why are you all so mean to others?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DrivEthermissIon, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Why can't people accept each other's beliefs? Why can't atheists and believers get along?

I mean, you might have heard this before, but I'm shocked at the level of callousness and abuse.

Yelling out that you hate God coz he makes you suffer? That's fine, just do it in your bedroom or beneath the stars or to your friends, not in a community where people need support and SI'ing and are suicidal.

All the bad language, and the ganging up, I don't care what you believe in, why do you have to treat people like that?

Do you have any idea how it would make believers feel? Most people don't tell others to pray coz they get a kick out of the power thing, they do it because they're trying to help. And that's how you treat them in return?

How vulnerable Christians must feel, knowing they're living in such a vulgar world. People come here for support, and you can't even accept them whether they are Satanists, Pagans, Christians, Agnostics or whatever? Then I hope you pay for your abuse one day, because you are making others suffer now, and those same others may cut, severely injure or kill themselves based on your words because they are ashamed and lacking empathy from those who strike them - REMEMBER THAT.
  2. DrivEthermissIon

I want you guys to know, that was directed at a lot of people, not just one. There was a thread I saw which dissolved into utter chaos and detachment from each other - like a war, why?
  3. DrivEthermissIon

If I hurt anyone I'm sorry, I'm just confused and hurt by the state of this forum. :shake:
  4. DrivEthermissIon

I know it's part of all of your grieving processes sometimes to say things like that.
  5. DrivEthermissIon

6. DrivEthermissIon

I'm not feeling well. I'm sorry.
  7. Jseer

Jseer Active Member

Glad i have not come accross this meaness.Ignorance is bliss as they say.
  8. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

Well religion is a hot topic, having no religion work best for me, as i can tolerate all religions without confrontation, people even try to convert me.

But one thing i can't tolerate is when someone tell me "u are going to hell!" just because i don't practice THEIR religion, that is the time when i snap and chop their little necks off, often with reply "who the f*** are u to decide?"

So in conclusion, spread the goodness of your religion, not the hates, and don't tell me to go to hell, because I WILL SEND YOU THERE.
  9. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Hey Chris it's ok. Sometimes it's better to ignore threads where people start having a go about things like religion - mostly they're just venting, and don't mean to hurt anyone. You're very sensitive, you want to look after yourself a bit more, be more careful about what you let get to you.

And I'm sorry you're not well, anything we can say to make you feel better?
  10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

We as human specie have our own beliefs and ideals. Some live by the sword and others by the book. Some are law breakers and other law abiders. It is in our nature to have conflicts, not only with others but with ourself as well. Not everyone live the same life and thats when factors come in to play. For each of our decisions shape our personality.

It is in our nature to protect and defend ourself when threaten and that includes mental aggression. We fear change for its unknown and unfamiliar. Like a tame domestic cat taken into the wild, it will take time or perhaps generations to adapt.

Now i can go on till the sun runs cold about the right or wrong about religions, but i wont. So perhaps some things are better left alone because its out of yours or my control.

On a more specific note, from my experience, religious people tend to be the most stubborn and close minded folks ive met. Thanks goddness they are no more crusaders hanging or killing people for their non beliefs. The bible is old and so are its virtues. Society has changed and the human kind has evolved. But thats my opinion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  11. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

All I can say is Chris - I totally agree.
    I feel this way about a lot of subjects, which is why I'm not a massively confrontational person. I've always felt like my feelings on a subject and my beliefs should really be my own and I don't feel as though I have the right to impose them onto anybody else or 'give my opinion' when it hasn't been asked for.

Why do people insist on sharing their side of things when they know it could offend others and make others feel bad? I know we live in a democratic society but sometimes I think people need to have a little more tact and not be so forthright about sharing their opinions when frankly, a lot of us don't really care or want to hear it, because we're comfortable with what we already think and feel, and are not hurting anybody with our thoughts and feelings in the process.
  12. poison

poison Well-Known Member

"for those who believe, no explanation is necessary. for those who don't, no explanation will suffice."

i'll just leave this here.
  13. DrivEthermissIon

So I approached suicidal628...

*suicider628 said in friendly pm conversation they did not mean harm to anyone here, it's people they've known who have hurt them outside of this community who got to them. I have their permission to post.*

The username is actually suicider628
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  14. Overruled

Overruled Active Member

Now I know it's a long post, but I put a lot of effort into it, and even tried to set it out nicely so please do read it all.

I always have a good laugh at these threads. Sorry if you're offended, but take a look at it like this ...

Almost every person in this thread posts about how stupid it is to get angry and argue about something (in this case, religion). Yet, most of the time, the posters in the threads have been a part of it in some way or another.

So rather than just saying "yeah, it's stupid", which I don't think it is, I'm going to give a real reason.

People take their faiths very seriously. Some people may be so fed up and frustrated with everything else that it's all that they believe in, and the truth (or what they see in the truth, however you want to word it) in their views might be so painfully obvious to them that they just have to point it out to others to make them understand, and to re-affirm an almost essential part of their being to prevent a total mental collapse.

Now sure, some people are definitely going to get hurt. But you know what? People are going to get hurt by a lot of others things too. For example, a post in the forum about how everyone on the site is abusive, and how they should all be ashamed of themselves.

I bet you didn't think about that, did you?

It is not fair to make a post like this. It is, again, an entirely biased post influenced entirely by how you feel about the situation. It would be great if everything that was hurting could be stopped in a single action, but if it could there would be no need for a site like this.

So, as an alternative, I say every time a thread that is about to explode takes place those who are not involved take the time to redirect the conversation and leave a notice for others to take it to the "Let It All Out" or "Soap Box" sections so that everyone will end up happy.
  15. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

In retrospect, I have posted in an Atheist vs Christians type forums.
    In my post, I tended to ask a lot of rhetorical questions, HOWEVER it was to only back up my opinions on why I was leaning more to the Atheism side, not because I wanted to hurt anyone, it was just my debating style. I'm fine with people having their own religion and greatly support acceptance in all areas of life. I find that the more controversial a topic is the more people are going to get aggressive, most probably unintentionally too, I don't think anyone would want to kill someone they don't know and has done nothing to them, they are just too absorbed in voicing their opinions or conflicting views.
    I don't think anybody is wrong or to blame here, just learning to be tolerable of other viewpoints and to not get offended from other views by sticking to your own views, would help greatly in the future.
  16. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

Well said!
  17. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Throughout history, religion has been responsible for a large proportion of the suffering in the world - yet religious beliefs are based in ancient myths and legends that should have been discarded centuries ago.
  18. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Why are you all so mean to others?

I freak out because I were just another community where people brainwash anothers. Took identitety, say what to thought and how to talk etc. Over sensitive on this time, cover myself.
  19. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

i agree with DrivEthermissIon
    why can't people let others live their religion? why can't they accept that others have different beliefs? we choose our religion for a reason and stay with it for a reason, no matter which one.
    people are here to find others who understand and support them and not to get bashed about because of what they believe in
    we are here to find and help eachother, not get into a fight over religions
    sorry, but that's something that makes me really sad and upset
  20. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I agree with the OP. Everyone should be treated with respect here no matter what they believe... and that often doesn't happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.