Why are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by soapymongoose, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soapymongoose

soapymongoose Well-Known Member

I can't buy any weed as my dealer does not take credit card. Luckily there's a ready made replacement in vodka :tongue:

2. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Good Question.

I dont drink to substitute for another drug. Alcohol is my drug of choice.

Why do I drink? I dunno. I was thinking about this very thing this morning.

Alcohol took away everything that mattered to me. Alcohol was my best friend and worst enemy. And yet.....even after loosing my wife and kids and almost all of my possessions, and even after a period of sobriety, I started to drink again.

I REALLY LIKE ALCOHOL. I like the taste, I like the buzz, I like how it relaxes me. But it IS slowly doing it's damage to my body.

And there is no one to stop me from drinking. Now that I am alone.

3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

BEcauese i'm hoping some thing can kill me soon. I'd rather be high in all honesty, really i would. But I don't have any weed or know anyone who sells. Fuck I'm pathetic/.

4. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

hmm..good question.. i really dont know?...i really want to die so since i cant be brave enough i drink to give me the courage to do it....

5. father_to_be

father_to_be Active Member

I cant drink anymore cuz of my meds (4/4 say DON'T MIX WITH ALCOHOL)

When i did drink (and it was pretty heavily) it was to numb pain and fight boredom.

6. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Pure and simple? To forget about my problems for a little while.

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

It makes the day go by faster. And hopefully I'll slip into a coma and die. :dry:

8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

because whatever 'friendship' i had was just a myth
    because i need to get over it all
    because i dont have a choice
    because everything else had failed
    because i need a way of dying, even if it is long and drawn out and full of suffering.

9. jameslyons

Perry, for somebody who hands out that many "hugtackles" I refuse to believe you have false friends.

I like you anyhow. I know we're not really buddy buddy , but from what I've seen of you. I like you.

10. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

To get drunk and forget about all my problems. I only drink to get drunk, I don't really enjoy the taste that much.

To be honest, I prefer weed to alcohol anyday. I smoke weed every day, I drink alcohol maybe once a week.

11. girl_in_limbo

girl_in_limbo Active Member

I drink to feel numb. Drinking makes me feel completely empty inside. I can sit at the bar will 15 stranges around me and not notice a single on of them. Right now that is the best feeling that I am able to have. I also drink knowing that one of these times it will be "time" and it may help to make my "leaving" look accidental.

12. I drink to numb the bad feelings and drown out all of the bad thoughts... I also do it to make me feel less fake, since I am much more open and honest when I'm drinking...
    For me the only downside of my drinking is having to keep it secret from the only person who seems to care about me...though it's only a matter of time before she finds out. :/

13. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

Because I want too...

14. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

To forget him.

15. jameslyons

I haven't had a drink in over two weeks ...:dry:

16. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Congrats!!!!!

I dont know why I drink, other than to ease the pain of despair and loneliness. Also to ease physical pain.

But when I say I dont know why, I mean, I am smart enough to know what it is doing to my body. I get more and more symptoms each day. Yet I drink. I guess I am addicted.

17. jameslyons

Thanks bill....

ummm... sorta broke that today with this giant 10 oz whiskey soda :eek:hmy:

but its better than suicide

i drink to magnify my suffering. It's nice to "fade away" but we really don't fade away with alcohol. Instead you run from teh issue that makes you feel sad. YOu behave like an ass too :(

18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I can't really get into drinking.

Most alcohol tastes like shit and I can't see how it would really make me feel anything but worse in the long run.

19. jameslyons

whooo hooo pint of whiskey a night. im awesome :(

especially since i now want to start on my gin :(

20. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I envy anyone that can get that trail of thought into their head!
    I've been trying to quit drinking for a while now, the only way I manage to stop is by being a recluse. I can't drink socially. It always ends badly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.