why are you here in sf?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by asking_advice, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

why are you here in sf?

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

The same as many that come here I suppose... I struggle with severe depression, suicidal urges and a borderline eating disorder so I come here to talk to those that understand... I've grown to love it here and have met many great people. I also try to help wherever I'm able to...

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I wanted to kill myself. Instead of finding a place to end my life, I found a supportive community and some friends who understand what I'm going through.

I have tried a few times, still- but this place gives me a glimmer of hope; and I want everyone else to turn their lives around as well. :shelbi:

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Well said....

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

at first it was to release a lot of pain so muc pain inside now i try to help out when i can Community here is very supportive Just being able to write one thought out without judgement or ridicule helps.

6. Joshuwa

Joshuwa Well-Known Member

to find people in the same state of mind as me, and to help them come through it

7. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

Stumbled across this site in search of a pro suicide site. Instead I found a support forum where I have made many amazing friends. Thank you guys. Your all great people and I love you all xx

8. Pip28

Pip28 Well-Known Member

I was looking for tips on committing suicide and found this forum.
    It amazed me how much of a relief it was to know I wasn't alone (Not that I want anyone else to feel this way). I have never spoken, or felt I was allowed to speak, about "Feelings" before.

9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I cant remember anymore. I've buried most of those issues. Im not sure why I stick around, I still feel like shit, lost and confused. Probably why I confuse almost everyone when I post. .. mm..that's a thinker why the hell am Ihere :(

10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I used to be suicidal... I was looking for suicide forums and I found this site.

I'm recovered now, I'm a very happy person nowadays (though I have my ups and downs) but yet I'm still here. I have been a member for almost 2 years and I'm not planning to leave, because it is a great forum with great people :)

11. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

It fulfills my need for 'suicide' talk so I don't feel the need to visit the more sinister of suicide sites.

12. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I came here for support, now I give it where I can.

13. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i came here looking for methods. found friends instead. i stick around 'cos i like to help people.

14. nobody man

nobody man Well-Known Member

I was visiting a suicide neutral forum and on one thread they talked a girl out of doing it and on another they discussed how effective certain methods were. The former made me hopeful and the latter made me feel like shit so I looked for an anti-suicide forum and found SF.

15. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

It used to be for help, then I realised that the only help I could really get was from helping other people. So that's what I try to do everyday. I do it in a completely selfish way, but hey we're a selfish race so I see nothing wrong with it. If I can help someone for even one more day, then I can help myself, too. Now, though, even if i wanted to leave, I doubt I could. I've got some good friends on here, most of them obviously not doing too great. I couldn't abandon them. I know it's always nice to see people leave for the right reasons, but I've been here over 3 years and it's still horrible to lose a friend. I don't think I'd be able to now. Plus, right now my life is going through a shit phase in general, so it's helpful to be on here with people that understand, life others have said. So I guess there're a lot of reasons I'm here.

16. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Used to be for help and support. It's become more of a habit now.

17. VCircle

VCircle Active Member

I needed to be able to talk about my "disturbing" thoughts with people who understand. Saying to people around here "I think about suicide most of the day" - doesn't exactly bode well for friendships. I felt that keeping it all inside was damaging.

My T doesn't really get it I dont think. But I will try her out again.

I think about this site during the day when I get my thoughts. That in itself is worth everything.

18. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

For anonymous whining that I'd never dare to do in real life.

19. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Like a few others said, was looking for ways to committ suicide and this site was listed. Don't take pleasure in reading about others misfortunes and problems in life but it's nice to know you're not alone,:cool: though in real life I am. Guess that's why I keep coming here, plus quite a few threads help me forget about my problems for a few minutes and to actually think instead of being a mindless zombie.:blink: Though I honestly don't know what I'm hoping to get out of coming here, think I'm incurable, really have come to the conclusion there's only one solution for my patheticness.:grr:

20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Cause unlike the voices in my head, the people on sf are nicer. :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.