why arent bullies put in prison

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by spd, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spd

spd Member

why do ppl expect bullying to stop if htere is no serious punishment for them?

2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

What sort of bullying are you talking about? The term bullying is pretty general.. it's a part of human nature.

How sevre are you talking about, as far as, when bullying deserves prison in your eyes

3. spd

spd Member

some theories suggest rape is part of human nature. doesn't make it ok. i was never a bully, i guess im some sort of freak?

bullying is basically terrorism. how severe deserves prison? to me if a child or teen is shaking with fear of the humiliation coming up in the next day of school, the buly deserves prison.

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

People accept bullying so much because alot of people believe it's "part of growing up". They say it's just a childhood phase and people will grow out of it, but what they don't realize is how traumatized some people who are bullied become. It's sad that it's kind of accepted as the norm for children to go through it. I think their should be some punishment for it, how much I don't know. You can't really throw a child in jail but some sort of punishment, I think is necessary.

5. spd

spd Member

the reason that way of thinking is so wrong and pisses me off, is because for that to be true EVERY child must be traumatized by bullying, THEN they may have a point. but the guy who bullied me is having a fucking awesome life right now, god if i didn't want to hide my identity id show u a photo of him and his girlfriend, she is very pretty. he was never bullied like he bullied me.

6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

spd
    hun, i'm so sorry for what you have been through. I do not condone bullying at all. if i ever found out someone was bullying my nephew I'd go crazy with anger. I don't think it's acceptable that people think it's a phase b/c if that were true the lasting effects on the bullied wouldn't be so intense.

i've read stories, i've seen shows, etc. on how the effects of being bullied have seriously destroyed people's adults life. I think it's horrible that nothing is being done and I'm sorry that you have gone through what you have.

Be safe hun.

:hug:

7. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

There are no major punishments for bullying because they dont seriously want it to stop. Some profit from causing it, some believe they have gained something by suffering through it themselves and, deep down, others think that it's deserved. It's only when bullied individuals retaliate that anyone seems to want to do anything.

8. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

It would just overcrowd the prisons. Better solution is to find all the bullied peoples and knock fuck out of the bullies. To oppress to oppressors can't be wrong can it?

9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

rape is an aspect of human nature... but at a very more extreme degree.
    and even in that, my question still stands. there are different degrees. rapes inital aspect deserves true punishment.. bullying on the other hand..

I dont know if the fear of humiliation deserves prison spd. What does that teach the teen and the bully? It helps by removing and punishing, but ... bullying is also an extension of something else in alot of cases. Wether it be a lack of understanding or a way to cope with something intense the bully can't handle with or trying to fill a void in their lives. Some bullies are bullies because they can be, but prison is no teacher. And what does it teach the teen being bullied. their chance to stand up for themselves and to deal with the problem taken away.. granted alot of cases, it has to be done.

every situation is unique. blanketing it doesnt help.

and prison doesn't help.

i gotta wonder, with all the options out there with dealing with bullies, why you want prison? What about all the other options? Do you think they aren't being used?

10. spd

spd Member

typical fucking disgusting behaviour-excusing shit. you could say that about many crimes. <edit: insulting> did you even bother taking in my post? we need it to STOP and to be PUNISHED. equally if th ebully is abused or whatever try to catch the abuser, but that has nothing to do wiht the victim of bullying WHATSOEVER. thats like talking about pedphiles being victims of pedophilia it is completely irrelevent, a child who is molested has nothing to do with its molestor's problems. being on a more extreme level changes NOTHIGN about this analogy, the analogy is the exact same except for being on a lower level.

and FWIW, my bully wasnt trying to 'cope' at all, he actually had a lot less to cope with than me if anything. his life was 100 times better than mine and that wasnt enough for him. i have no sympathy for <edit: threatening> him, and i have no sympathy for an <edit: insulting>.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  11. spd

spd Member

omfg this is not about teaching moral values you idiot. it shuold be a crime and crimes should be punished. i don't care about making him a good person, i want him punished and to have his privileged life destroyed.

what other options? have him get (free) 'counselling' and 'help'? OH THAT POOR LITTLE SOUL!!! POOR LITTLE BULLY AWWWW LETS HELP HIM!!! do you realise how fucking ridiculous you sound? i want and would have wanted justice for the years he took from me, i don't want counselling for him.

12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

every situation is unique and again.. bullying is quite a natural part of humanity. there are boundaries, and depending on the severity and instensity of a situation or constant situations, it should be delt with. To protect the victim, and to help educate the bully. Prison? for a child?

What are you planning on doing to him?

13. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

You know.. can you take a step back and read what you've written?

You've taken a pretty generalized term and saturated it with your rage for this person who's hurt you.

Not all bullies are your bully. Not all victims are you. You are you, try to remember that.. and you didn't deserve any of whatever has happend to you.

If you can understand that, its why Im trying to help you understand every situation is unique, and has to be dealt with that way.

What happened to you?

14. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I used to bully kids when I was younger, I never had any serious intentions of hurting anyone, I'd feel guilty if I ever did, I just thought it was funny at the time.

I'm sure most bullies are the same way, if you just respond to them physically they should give in, basically bullying is just a form of immaturity, or insecurity.

Those guys that are 20 years old and still get their jollies from bullying people arn't tough or anything of the like, they're weak and they know it, that's why they pick on other people, so they can try and convince themselves they arn't as pathetic as they really are.

Bullies are more insecure than their victims in my opinion, call them out on it, if someone bullies you, make fun of them in public, and then just whack them in the nose or something.
    Even if they don't show it, they'll feel weaker than ever.

They don't deserve to be in prison, they just need a swift kick in the nuts and a hug.

15. gag

gag Well-Known Member

Well he does have a good point man, it's in human nature to bully in some way. That doesn't mean everyone beats kids up and belittles them for personal gain.

Just read your post, you called him an asshole and all this just because he disagrees with you, some might consider that bullying.

16. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's back up here a minute...what exactly are you planning on doing to him?

17. gag

gag Well-Known Member

Relax man, you can't put words in his mouth and then tell him he's being ridiculous, no one said anything about getting the bully counselling.

And what do you plan on doing to him? Wanting to kick his ass is one thing, but if you're looking to do something beyond that to the guy you need to stop and get help.

18. spd

spd Member

<mod edit: Robin - Flaming>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  19. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Just so we're all clear, I reported the above post, not gag. Quite frankly you deserve to be responded to no better than you're acting, but, alas, some of us try to adhere to the terms of service.

In any event:

(a) You still haven't said what it was this guy did to you

(b) How long he did it to you and when it was he last did it to you and

(c) You are apparently contemplating some sort of action (violent? who knows?) against him

So, with all due respect, what the hell are you looking for here? Carte blanche for an act of violence? (Not from me you won't.) Agreement that life sucks? (It sure does.) Or what?

20. Robin

Robin Guest

Dear spd. as someone who was bullied relentlessly through school I'd like to remind you that justice for your cause will not be found through hate and more so will not be found through hating members here. Please keep your tone civil, we all deserve to be respected and to expect civility, promoting a flame war will not ease your pain, the only thing it will promote is your own hate and feelings of injustice and that is contrary to the goal of the site.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.