why arent women ladies anymore?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by necrodude, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i wanna know. simple.

2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I'm curious first as to what your defintion of a 'lady' is?

3. necrodude

well i mean, decent women, not golddiggers, cheaters, etc. ones who are ladylike, not vicky pollardesque.

4. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

There's plenty of those kinds of women still about. If that's what you think a lady is then I suppose I'm a 'lady'. It's just a matter of finding said women. :)

5. necrodude

if there is im never gonna meet one. better off giving up. meh.

6. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

because men aren't gentlemen anymore.

and i say that deliberately because i wish to press a point: not all women act like 'ladies', yes, that's true. but, not all men act like 'gentlemen' either.

BUT, this does NOT go to say that there are no women at all who act like ladies, and no men who act like gentlemen. they do exist, and even those that do exist are only human, and so they aint gonna be perfect all the time either. that answer your question?

TDM

7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

all the ladys buggered off with the men who have balls to la la land

8. Madison_Rose

Madison_Rose Active Member

Because being "ladylike" is a social construct - a box that we never fitted into but patriarchal society tried to force us into anyway. I'm not saying that "golddigging" or cheating are good things - they're not. But people (both male and female) have cheated on their spouses since time immemorial - I don't think it's a new thing.

9. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Ladies can be gold diggers and cheat. "Lady" is a social behaviour, not an ethical or moral construct. A "Lady" can do anything anyone else does, they just don't let others know they're doing it.

10. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

I kinda like "golddiggers". They are very intelligent and charming. But they don't give a flying fuck about me :cry2: I have noooo idea why??? :biggrin:

11. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Thank God Almighty for alcohol. It makes men grow balls and women forget their high self esteem so the mating can take place. :laugh:

12. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I consider myself every inch the perfect gentlemen, goddamn it.

13. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

rofl!!!!!!!

14. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm a lady, I would never dare cheat on anybody, I think gold digging is immoral and Vicky Pollard - as funny as she is - makes me sick.
    Although I can't say I've always acted like the dictionary definition of a lady in the past though...

If I was lucky enough to meet a guy who would treat me like a gentleman then I would 'always' act like a lady.

15. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It's a sign of the times. Both sides having increasingly higher, often unrealistic standards yet increasingly lower standards be behavior. Women want the perfect guy to sweep them off their feet but are themselves not willing to accept a man for who he is; a lot of men want to date supermodels or something yet put no effort to take care of themselves.

Of course I'm over generalizing but that is largely what I've noticed based on empirical and anecdotal evidence. It's all more complex than that but I'm not up for going too into it XD

16. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Probably because men aren't men anymore. Decent men, not wifebeaters, cheaters, etc. One's who are manlike, not chavvy little hoodrats.

It can go both ways.

It's a generation thing, not a gender thing.

17. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I think this is a post to contest the why haven't men got any balls anymore thread...

I wish I had a girl who I could trust not to cheat.... Still I plan on surprising her and treating her special and giving her a second chance...

18. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Oh we're still out there but we're known as cougars now!

19. triggs

triggs Account Closed

the ladies have all gone off with the men who have balls.
    shame really.

20. necrodude

it sure is. i mean i have balls but no woman. not to sound chauvanistic, by that but bob marley was wrong, no woman, plenty sad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.