Why ban good members? :(

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by unregestered4564, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why do the moderators of this forum ban members who are just trying to help people in distress? Don't people deserve a second chance?

2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

All depends in what context they was banned and what they was saying to get banned. Members generally get banned for encouraging suicide, discussing methods continually or generally creating massive lies. Otherwise you get put under moderation. Whatever happened for you to get banned must have been serious otherwise you would not have been banned. I suggest you take this up with the staff on the site as only they know why someone has been banned

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I had written a really long winded reply, but my computer died and I lost it. =(

So, here is an abridged version:

I have no idea who you are, if you're a banned member or not or anything like that, so with that in mind...

It would depend on why the member was banned, and under what circumstances. The staff are not unreasonable, and we try our best to make a good decision. Obviously, we're human beings, too, and we do make mistakes, but when we do we also do our best to correct them.

Yes, second chances have been given out to members before. This is decided on a case-by-case basis, after much discussion. The problem with giving out second chances is that there are people out there who try to push their luck. If they are an essentially good person but keeps stuffing up periodically, what are you s'posed to do with them? Yes, they're supportive and helpful, but rules are still rules, lest we'd be accused of being inconsistent. Then what do you do with them after giving a second chance and they stuff it up? Do you give them a third chance, a forth chance, and a fifth chance too?

Look, if you have a complaint about a particular ban, I'd advise you to bring it up with a staff member, privately, and not on the open forums. Then, the staff could advise you better on it.

TDM

4. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

i think the mods do a good job here.

as to why a member gets banned that is up to the staff and should be tooken up with them.

as to chances and how many one should have, i will quote the bible on forgiveness and is afterall another chance as the same as being forgiven and given a chance? bible says if one sins against you how many times should you forgive? i tell you not just once but 7 x 70 times.. that is a lot of times that God will forgive one, should't we all try to be like God?

Anyhow they ( the staff ) do a great job and it is not easy because they are just human like us and have feelings, etc.. like a mother who chastices her child, it hurts them also..they hurt for banning or putting one on mod preview... but if they did not care then they would never be a ban or mod preview and seeing as how this forum and their mods care very much i think we should give them all a huge hug because they do a great job despite their own problems..

:hugtackles: to the staff of SF!

5. Well, the moderators and administrators hate me, and I honestly have no idea why. I know I've made mistakes in the past, but I still think that they were excessively harsh in banning me permanently from SF. At least give me a chance with the new points system.

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

*deleted - doesnt matter*

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.