• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Why bother living in such a horrible world?

mke

I've been bullied many times in school and in the workplace. Although I'm financially "successful" as my net worth and annual income is slightly higher than average, I think most people would still look down on me with pity as I'm in my early 30s and still struggle with shyness, depression, social anxiety, and have literally no friends. The only family I have to talk to is my mom, and she said it's my fault I can't get over my past bullying

I know alot of people will just say "success is the best revenge" to stick it to past bullies. But I don't think I've really obtained success because of the lack of success in my social life. I still hold alot of anger and resentment towards those who bullied me. Now that I'm in my early 30s, it only gets harder and harder to meet people and make friends

I've tried doing things to build my confidence and let go of the past like meditating, yoga, weightlifting, BJJ, etc. Even when I play sports, I always get picked last and don't get taken seriously, even when I'm the best player. None of these hobbies have helped me get over my bitterness for how I was ostracized and bullied in the past. I've tried therapy too and haven't found it very helpful

I'm sick and tired of society victim-blaming victims of bullying and saying they deserved it for being weak, easy targets. That makes no sense to me. It wasn't my fault my family victim-blamed me instead of teaching me to stand up for myself, and I was always alone and picked on by a group of pussies. Why is it that racism, sexism, etc is not tolerated yet bullying is? We don't tell those victims that it's their fault for being "easy targets" and they should STFU and lift weights.

I can't go back in time and fight back against those bullies. I haven't received even an apology from any of them, while they got away with it and I get judged as being a weak loser

I see no point in living in this world. Why bother living if I have to live as a 2nd-class citizen and slave just because I was an "easy target"?

Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
welcome to SF we are a peer community that cares but never judges. i do understand about bullying as i was bullied in school for a while until it was intervened and stopped. i was weak, lousy in sports, and was having a hard time feeling comfortable with people.

it was difficult but i found a way to help myself. it is not your fault but it's possible to overcome it. the right therapist can make a difference. you have to do a lot of work to overcome this but since you recognize the problem and have tried in the past, i think things could get better with the right help. if you want to talk feel free to inbox me...mike...*hug*console

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
Hello and glad to see you here. I can understand the lack of social success, I have always said my social life and personal life is pretty much nonexistent consisting only of myself. I do have family but have never had much if anything in common for doing things together. I claim to be lucky in being schizoid personality type and not being much emotional over anything. I think you will find this is a good forum to join in with others and a reason to stick around here.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hello and glad to see you here. I can understand the lack of social success, I have always said my social life and personal life is pretty much nonexistent consisting only of myself. I do have family but have never had much if anything in common for doing things together. I claim to be lucky in being schizoid personality type and not being much emotional over anything. I think you will find this is a good forum to join in with others and a reason to stick around here.
*hug*brohug*shake

Aurelia

🔶🔸✴ 👑 ✴🔸🔶
It's not so much about being judged by others, but how you feel about yourself. If you felt good about yourself and knew that what they were saying was false, it wouldn't matter. You can't force people to behave or think differently, but luckily, you can change how you feel about yourself. It's not easy, but it's doable. To start, I would start trying to work on my social anxiety and social networking. You need friends in life to turn to. Not having any is probably a big part of why you feel this way.

JDot

J to the Dizzle O to the Tizzle
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @mke I'm sorry your mother said that about you. It sounds like people just expect you to get over the bullying you've endured, but you're finding that easier said than done. I can understand that. I still have trouble getting over the way I was treated at a job ten years ago. Others don't have to relive the bullying in their mind. So others just don't get it. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here. *brohug

mke

I still don't see why I should bother living. When i was literally ignored or bullied by everyone in high school, i was told "life gets better" after high school. When I had no friends in college, I was told "life gets better" in the adult world . When I was dateless and getting bullied in the workplace after college, I was told "life gets better" as women find older men more attractive and you get more respect with more seniority.

So why should I believe life will "get better" when life has only gotten marginally better, and whenever it did get better, it was for a very short period of time since people move away, get busier, make new friends and leave you behind , etc? Not to mention I've had to deal with more bullies and other shitty negative people as I've gotten older

Why should I live in a world where victims of bullying get treated like shit? Why should I put in more work to be confident and sociable than most other people who already have friends and don't need to make new ones and never got bullied? Why live when whenever i try to meet new people, they dont want to talk to me because i'm shy, socially awkward, and low-energy? Why should I live in such a world that is rigged against me?

Last edited:

JDot

J to the Dizzle O to the Tizzle
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I think we should continue to live because there's always hope things can get better. But when you die, that hope is lost. Those people said "Life gets better after high school" because that was the case for them. What they should have said is that there's always hope. I don't know what the future holds for you. But I know if you die all hope is lost. Just remember there's always hope as long as your alive.

Ixtab

Sorry buddy, at least you have the work success and learned bjj and all these things. Not judging but maybe you have placed too much value on making friends with people. Everyone hates me to I just accept it. There are only a few people I want to be with who are always busy but I’m still trying. As for why stay alive the reason changes and as long as we have one. For me it’s my pets.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I was bullied in school too. I find things in life to make it good. Today I am making some potato salad and grilling 2 huge porterhouse steaks to go with it. My roommate has become a good friend and I will share with him. I will have some cold beer, Black velvet whiskey, and Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire shots to go with it. A good cigar afterwards. Yes life is worth living. I feel your pain and hope you can overcome it.

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
The few and rare times I was attempted to be bullied folks just walked away with the comment: It might be best for our own health to leave that little weirdo alone for their own sake.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00