Why bother living? Should I tell my doctor when I see her on Thursday? *trig*

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 9426, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9426

9426 Member

If you didn't see my first post on this board go here to learn a bit about me:

Anyway not much has changed since then. I've been developing a strong hatred of women. I always hated women, but not as much as I do now. I have fantasies of <Mod Edit, WildCherry: graphic> on the street. I even had a dream that I was a serial killer. If you read my first post in that link, you'd see that I've never had a girlfriend. Well, nothing's changed since then. How do I tell my doctor about these thoughts without her throwing me in the Psych ward with a bunch of crazies? I've also noticed that when I play games like Grand Theft Auto, I get a lot of pleasure when I shoot and kill women. (not sexual pleasure but just feeling good). The scariest part is that I don't really mind of I were to become a serial killer that only targets women, I think I'd enjoy it. I should hang myself right now before I do something crazy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you should tell your doctor about your hatred your anger towards women and get some support therapy to get you to move on pass that hatred
  3. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I think you should tell your doctor as well. When we are honest and open with our medical providers, as well as our mental heath professionals, we are than able to receive the most appropriate help. You should not commit suicide. You should be open and honest with your doctor so as to receive the help you need.
  4. Kabukicho

Kabukicho Member

Be very careful when talking to a medical professional about violence. In some places they are legally obligated to involve the police, depending on the nature of what the patient is saying. I do think you should seek your doctor's guidance. But choose your words carefully. Don't say anything reckless that will set off alarm bells.

Being involved with medical professionals, unfortunately, puts you just a hair's breadth away from the law. That's just how it is.
  5. Jimmy Chonga

Jimmy Chonga New Member

Even making remarks like that online could potentially get you in trouble. I'd reel it in a bit if I were you, I know you are very depressed but you just can't publicly say stuff like that.
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I guess I am going to go the opposite direction than the trend here. You should find a psychiatrist and you should be completely open and honest. First off, apparently you realize and do not like feeling like this and having these thoughts. They are not socially acceptable and you clearly know that by your post. You also will not get help for a problem they do not know you have so it is useless to talk to them at all and then not talk about the problem that is bothering you. It is no different than thinking about hurting yourself- they will not section you for thinking about it , unless you plan to do or make them think you plan to do it. The same applies to harming others. If you are actually at risk for doing it that is what you need as well, so there is no downside. So far as here or these type forums- yes - toning it down may be good, not because it is better for you , but because of the number of people that have been needlessly hurt and abused by others that will find these thoughts very triggering and upsetting.

All the advice people give about what "not to tell" is very very poor advice. If they do not know the depth of the thought or the severity you will not get the meds or dosages you need to work properly. This is how so many spend extra months or years trying to get effective mental health care. It is not different than going to a regular doctor with a headache and telling them you have an ear ache - you will get treatment - but it will be the wrong treatment and not likely to work- certainly not as well, because they will be treating the wrong symptoms. The downside of all of it mentioned in why not to tell equates to the same - they are saying don't tell because the Dr or Psyche might think it is serious. That is because IT IS serious. If you want to be treated seriously, they need to know that.
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

agree with everything NYJmpMaster just said hun please follow this advice ok so you can get the help and support you need
  8. 9426

9426 Member

Thanks for the answers. I actually missed my appointment that I had on Thursday so I'll have to reschedule.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.