why bother waking up...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by saltydog, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltydog

saltydog Member

I just don't see the point in getting out of bed everyday. Life just feels like it will never get any better, no matter how hard I try. Every night I pray that I will die in my sleep so that it will all be over. I hate my life so much right now and feel so hopeless. The days drag on forever and that the only good part of the day is when I finally go to sleep. I just want life to be over so quickly, I don't care if it was a painfull death at this point. I just want my life to have some kind of meaning or purpose to it. There is nothing but sadness in my world and I'm tired of it.... I am trying to hang on but everyday my grip on life feels like it is slipping away and there is nothing I can do about it. maybe suicide is not the answer but if feels like one of the few options that I have left.... I feel there is no happiness in my life and that my life will never get better....no matter what I do, the sadness will never leave me alone.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sadness depression does suck the life right out of ones being. I hope you are getting help to treat this illness Try the newer meds try therapy but fight it okay i continue to fight it every day because i have too. I am sorry you too are suffering so deeply. Just know you are not alone in this battle okay if ever you need to just talk people here care and will help you. You can pm me anytime and i will help you hold on okay hugs.

3. Chalmers

Chalmers Well-Known Member

I was really miserable last Tuesday. The worst ever. Started lorazepam. Much better. The anxiety is at bay. Ironically I'm now anxious about if the med is going to quit working or I'll get addicted to the med. I can laugh again and enjoy my child's company. I'm doing well enough that my wife is treating like a normal person. If I had given up, I wouldn't have had that and my son's laughter this week would have been tears. That's why we wake up.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you are doing better don't worry about the meds okay it is working and it won't stop Let your doctor regulate the meds accordingly The addiction part ithink happens only if you abuse the medication hugs

5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

The reason to get out of bed is so that you will have another chance at happiness. You never know what you will discover on this day.

Maybe it is time to try something new. Sometimes we claim to he trying to improve, but we are just going through the motions. Why not pick up something completely different?

6. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

I get out of bed because I have to. I've got too many responsibilities to juggle, and just laying in bed until 2 PM causes me to ruminate on my failures and mistakes, and how much of a fuck-up I am.

I don't believe in pep talks. It invalidates the misery a depressed person is going through and makes them feel worse. I should know, I get them all the time, and I just want to get up and yell, "Fuck you! How would you fucking know!?" But I don't, because that would be impolite.

The mental health field is limited, but it helps more people than it hurts. Seek out a clinician who can speak your language. Find a starting point to help ease your depression. Most people respond to treatment pretty quickly.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree that you need to seek professional help so they can start you on meds.. Don't get discouraged if the meds don't help.. Everyones body chemistry is different so they may have to do changes to your meds until they find what works for you..Therapy is another option.. It will give you someone to talk to one on one... They will teach you coping skills..Good Luck

8. Chalmers

Chalmers Well-Known Member

One thing I'd have done differently is insist on meds earlier. We all need a little help. Before my meds I'd have freaked out this week because the car is in the shop and business is slow. Instead I was a little anxious but I knew I had help waiting. Had pretty good evening despite the bad news. Just have to make it an hour or a minute at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.