Why bother

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JamesD, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesD

JamesD Member

i just don't see the point, in futile things, wot ever you do in life, what ever is achieved it's pointless in the end it's all lost. What ever you acheive it vanishses, i trained in helping people with these problems and just could never help myself, its just BLEH to live tbh it sucks so much, i lost alot..... I don't wan the support i had that in rl, not the sorrow. JUst why bother when it sucks to the point i trained to help people, but it just don't mater anymore.............. Meaning of life, to acheive, then die, so why delay it
  2. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

You think like me.
  3. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Granted that everything ends up being for nothing once you die, but I think the real reason for trying things is to give you a reason not to just die now. A lot of the reasons people want to die or don't care if they do is because they don't have these futile things. They don't have the money to travel or buy fun things. They don't have someone to share their life with. They don't have a job or activity to make themselves feel good. All these things have no ultimate point, except to help you want to keep going.

I don't think life is inherently pointless but I do think that it can get that way if you are unable to find some of these "pointless" activities and goals to believe in.
  4. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Would it make a difference if everything was eternal? Sure wouldn't to me. :]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.