why bother

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

What is going on for you today? Please share so that ppl can be there to support you...big hugs
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mo whats going on?? Has something triggered you?? Your title says why bother.. Because yoiu are loved!! Theres alot of people on here who care about you..I read all your posts but don';t always reply because I am at a loss for words..Not your fault but mine..Please stay with us....
  4. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thank you both.

Stranger, you always seem like a gentle soul to me.

The merry-go-round is so tiresome. I think I'm getting places within myself and then something happens. Its like one step forward and two steps back.

Am more upset with myself. The inability to cope is my failure. The lack of compassion, which I fully recognize, disgusts me. I'm weary.
  5. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

:hiya: honey you are bound to have days like this where you cant see the point in anything. You are under alot of stress and it has to come out somewhere. We are here to sit and listen if there is anything you want to talk about xxxx
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Shadowgirl... Thanks

I wouldn't know where to start or how to make sense. There are so many parts it seems which are all intertwined at this point. I feel silly. I feel stupid being unable to cope. To admit that I'm still not coping doesn't feel good.

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

:hug: :hug: :hug:
  8. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Hey Moanamcara - something you said gave me an idea for a song!

You said "one step forwards and two steps back"

I mean, I feel like that myself at times - in fact, I feel like that now, but you saved me the bother of having to go through the effort of starting a thread.

And not only that - I wish it was just two steps back - but when the step one is in a pile of dog mess - and the second step, on the edge of an abyss! Or maybe I'm just trying to compare how depression is felt when there is no comparison.

Either way, I'm with you - in sympathy and fully understanding as it were.

But back to the lyrics for the song.

The good thing is - its going to be easy to get other verses to rhyme and scan out to the classic lines of..

One step forward
    And two steps back.....

This could be Reggae, or definitely The Blues. Coud be Rock, Pop, New Rock, Old Rock, Ska, Rap or whatever genre. Can you hear the beats of the various genres?

But we need more lyrics for it - unless we do House style - in which case we just repeat the same lines over and over - adding auto-tune to the voice.

No. Not House. Not tonight at least. I like some of it.

One step forward
    And two steps back

Anyhow, I'm bored with song-writing now - another idea struck me though which is a hopeful one.

Consider this!

IF you do indeed take one step forward and two steps back, then you have to consider that the average 3,959 mile radius of the Earth (the world is not strictly a circle)

On 'The Walking' website it states "The average person's stride length is approximately 2.5 feet long. That means it takes just over 2,000 steps to walk one mile, and 10,000 steps is close to 5 miles."

So, lets say the circumference of the earth is 4000 miles - this means we only have to walk 16 millions steps to get back to where we were - this means we would eventually be further ahead of ourselves if we took one step forward and two steps back.

Forgive my mathematics but its there-about and you can take heart that your one step forward and two steps back will eventually take you around the world, whereas most people will likely stay were they were born!

Congratulations in advance.

PS - might I suggest good walking shoes - several pairs! I might join you if you pass my way - call it the march of the one step forwards and two steps back.
  9. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Peacelovingguy -

I like your attitude and your way of thinking. This way I'll be walking backwards for an awful long time! But better to move some direction than none at all.

Dazzle - thanks yet again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.