Why can websites get away with it?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Blackness, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

i was searching around as i do...looking at stuff on overdoes this time and websites, as simple as wiki talk about the effects of overdose and the amounts and everything.
    How is this allowed?
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I dont think it's against the law for sites to post about drugs and teh effects if you take certain amounts. I don't think their aim is to let people think it's a method, I think their aim is to let people know the long term effects if you do take drugs or abuse them in any way.

3. emma-louise

emma-louise Guest

hmm .. this is what my post in let it all was about and you point blatently said the goverment has taken all that stuff of the net ..

4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...I remember I have read someone's post in another forum about a certain mixture that can kill instantly. I was extremely suicidal that time (long before I found SF), so I keep searching for the ingredients as well as the quantity required and didn't find it. Then I try looking in wikipedia and all it says is the ingredients but the exact quantity is not given. And from what I heard, the quantity must be perfectly right to have the 'desired' effects - the instant kill or else one might just vomit everything out. This thread reminds me of that. Well, I have been to many pro suicide websites but then again, it doesn't trigger that much. Not sure why...
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

wow there's no need to get rude about it. I meant that the government has removed or altered all "pro-suicide" sites. I'd hardly call wiki "pro-suicide" :dry:
  6. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I would say that information such as lethal doses of certain drugs are more helpful because it can be used to prevent death. People that want to end their lives are a pretty small subset of the population and if you removed that information so as to not make it available to a person named Blackness on the webbernet, it may cause more accidental deaths than would have occurred had the information been there.
  7. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

But I read a book containing all the main ingredients in the drug Cat-a form of speed-and though they did not give the exact recipe for said drug, once you know the main ingredients for it all you have to do is experiment to figure it out completely. I know not the name of the book yet I'm positive you can find the same info on the net somewhere......:blink:
  8. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

There are many reasons. The first being freedom of speech.. at least in the US.

The second really is it is general information. Maybe someone is building up a tolerance to a drug they have. And they wonder how much they have to take before it is dangerous? Or a parent is worried about their child and wants to know how drugs might affect them.

It is just information, people can do with it what they like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.