Why can't a person be happy if he/she is alone?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Unzenithed, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unzenithed

Unzenithed New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site. :-o I just.. I just do not know I want to do, I felt like to talk someone right now..

My life is been hell, and tomorrow, I'll be doing the same routine: wake up in the morning, go to school and go back to home.. and just that. I feel so depressed, I'm good at hiding it to all the people who sees me. I can't talk to anyone because I can't. I have no friends and I don't know who should I talk to. I know I should talk to my family but they will never understand me. I just know it.

In my past, it was the same thing but at least I did had a few but I was happy back then. Now, I am a solitary person..

And this.. these questions are bugging me.. Why I feel so disconsolate if I feel lonely? Why I cannot bear this sentiment..?
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

cuz people are social beings. we werent created to be alone. especially if it is cuz of depression. depression needs us to isolate so it can grow. you can talk here. no one will judge you. please post more and let members here help you.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

There are people who are happy being alone, but they are few and far between, and it is only by choice, not because they are forced to be alone. I don't have many friends, but I'm thankful for the few that I have.
  4. Unzenithed

Unzenithed New Member

If only I was not..
  5. anonmn

anonmn Active Member

I am never happy, but I am only relaxed when I am alone. Interacting with people is stressful because I so often screw it up without even realizing it.

At the same time, I want to die in part because nobody cares about me.
  6. space_monkey

space_monkey Member

I had loads of freinds in different circles which i spoke to /saw on a weekly basis like proberly 70 to 100, but the last 3 weeks ive cut thease down to 3 or 4 and i hardly speak to anyone anymore, when im really depressed i have nothing to say. I relise or feel like Im dragging everyone down with me, or are poisoning everyone around me somehow even just by being near them If they try and help more by taking me out places to meet there friends that i dont know It makes me feel worse and like a charity case then i really have nothing to say. I feel like I shouldnt be comunicating with the few ppl i still am as im just making them suffer with me atm. Ive given up on talking with them now as theres nothing they can say that can help ive been through it and over it with many ppl. now its just nice to litterally sit in another persons company sometimes. I find this distracts my brain and stops it from torturing me so much. people care about me are concerned but only to a certain extent they have thier own lives to worry about and as I said what can someone else say or do to change my thought patterns? they are simply a distraction.
    not sure what my point is there. I spent alot of time alone in the past when depressed about 5 years ago , and i did feel pretty lonely supose it just depends
  7. Fedupforreal

Fedupforreal Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of your context, but I'm going to talk within the context of a woman who has been alone and struggling for over 20 years. All that "you don't need a man to complete" is a load of horse shit. I'm 48 and looking at another 20 years alone. Human beings NEED affection, including physical affection. I'm a short, fat, ugly woman. My life is over, but I need to let it drag on for another 20 years like this, hurting this much, struggling this much. And I'm surrounded by married women who never need to leave their homes. They sit at home all day long playing games on the computer and watching other women clean their houses. They don't cook, they don't clean--not much to ask if you don't have to earn your own living and your husband is working all day, right? I'm a good woman. And whether I die tonight, tomorrow, or 20 years from now, I'm going to live out the rest of my life lonely, alone, and completely worthless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.