Why can't condescending, egotistical people be the only ones suffering?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Ldub20, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

And what is there to tolerate about these sarcastic, vain, sad excuses of human beings? You ought to know why I, or anybody else, hate these kind of people. They dismiss any opinion opposing theirs in a rude manner and walk around like their doodoo don't stink. I wish somebody would eliminate them from existence or at least make them suffer because they deserve to. If I could lock them in a room and have them torture each other Saw style I would. Why do we allow these horrible excuses of human beings to get away with their egotistical, condescending ways?
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Everyone - everything - suffers to some degree during life. Life doesn't necessarily deal out suffering fairly - good and bad things happen to all kinds of people. I think nasty people live in a kind of hell. Their inner selves must be ice cold and empty if they don't realize they are nasty or if they have no qualms about being horrible to others. It doesn't make them feel good at the end of the day, at any rate.
  3. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I hope so Acy. Somebody said yesterday that the world is full of these wastes of oxygen. Mainly Hollywood and Ivy League types. I hope you are right that they are condescending to put on a facade.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Remember that there are good people among the Hollywood and Ivy League types. Rudeness and condescension seem to get the headlines for some reason, so many of the good people in those groups are unsung heroes.

I hope you don't let the turkeys get you down, Ldub. Do your best to avoid them when you can; be courteous (even if they're not) when you have to deal with them; and choose your real friends from among folks who are not rude and condescending. :)
  5. lycoris

lycoris Well-Known Member

Like you then?

I'm writing this with my teeth clenched because I'm trying to be nice. And I want you to take it with a pinch of salt and actually THINK about it.

Every one of your threads and even in chat there are people who have tried to be helpful to you. You have come back to everything with another reason why you're worse off than people who are starving to death. You've got extremely offensive about some illnesses which by what you've said you clearly know nothing about.

Now you're talking about other people being horrible etc etc Maybe you should think about the things you say? I'm not saying you're horrible and even if I was you are your own person and shouldn't care a damn what I might or might not think.

I would like you to think about some of the things you've said, like how you wish you had a terminal illness, anyone who's ever rejected you should be raped, people who are dying of starvation have glamorous lives.. Really? Please think about this stuff Ldub because I know that it can hurt to feel like you say you do but in the vast majority of your posts you come across as no better than the people you're bitching about here.
  6. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

I hate to make you think that your advice is falling on deaf ears because it ain't. But it's working slowly. For me, this type of pain takes awhile to subside, but you should be thankful that it is subsiding. I said those insensitive things because the anger and frustration inside me had built up and exploded. I reacted without thinking and must control my emotions around the people that are trying to help.

I am glad you haven't acted like these egotistical, condescending people because my belief that they deserve to suffer will not change. Unfortunately, things cause the world to be unfair. But if karma exists, let it give egotistical, condescending people a rude awakening.