Why can't he or anyone understand??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ronnymarie, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

Years ago my husband had a complete breakdown. He couldn’t even take care of himself. At the same time, my mom was dying of cancer and my son was very sick. We lost our home, all our money, and had to live with others. I held everything and everyone together. Just like always.

Now, after years of keeping everyone else safe, making them feel better, etc., I have broken. Little tiny shards of glass that use to be me. And when I ask for help? What do I get? “Geez, hon, maybe you need a little snack, or a nap.” Wow! A little snack or a nap, and suddenly, years of severe abuse, having to hold it together for everyone else’s sake, and being bi-polar are suddenly and magically gone! Poof! It’s a fucking miracle!!!! Jerk.

You think he’d at least try to understand. But God forbid I lose it, I have to be strong for everyone else. Okay, fine. I’ll pretend a little longer. Then, one day, I’ll just fucking snap and walk into traffic. Fuck it.

2. NickHalden

NickHalden Member

Hi Ronnie,

Your situation makes me recognize how much my sister does for me. She's the glue in our family. She's the one who's always there one someone is down, or angry. I'll be sure and let her know how much I appreciate her tonight.

As for the attitude of your husband, perhaps it'd help to let him know (as calmly as possible at a later time) how much you struggle with his lack of appreciation towards your needs. And if he won't give you the respect and attention you need, reach out to a friend, a forum, or heck...even a professional ;)

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Best Regards,

-Nick

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I am sorry he doesnt seem to be able to allow you to be where you truly are. Rather than pretending, do you think that couples counselling would help so he can be made to really hear whats going on? I only ask this because stuffing the pain ends up where you said. Snapping. I hope you can figure something out so you can get some needs met. So someone can get him to hear the reality of whats going on. And that he has to "step up to the plate" now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.