Why can't I get a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lostpuppet, Mar 31, 2008.

1. lostpuppet

lostpuppet Member

I just wish I knew the true answer to this question. Is it part of God's plan for me to be single? Does God hate me? Just tell me why???

I'm 37 years old now and I have never once had a girlfriend. Never once have I even kissed a girl or held a girls hand. I'm always so jelous when I see young guys walking down the street holding hands with their girlfriend. Why can't I experience that too? If only just once I could experience that feeling. But I guess it will never happen. My jelousness may one day turn to hatered, or it will probably just make me even more depressed.

To all those people on this forum who have (or have had) a girlfriend/boyfriend, you obviously don't know how lucky you are, and I'm sure a lot of you take it for granted. Yet some of you are still prepared to kill yourself...????

I'm too ugly now to find someone and I'm also suffering from a bit of brain damange so I can understand why no one is interested in me.

But maybe in my next life things will change. All I want to do is end my life now and come back as a different person. But will God grant me that wish, or will he send me to hell for killing myself?

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

**This response may trigger - religious response**

well, if you kill yourself you will be sent to hell,there are no hells in earth wich can seem the real one. May be it is a god`s plan, may be there`s somebody there who has never been with a man and fall inlove with you. May be the woman of your dreams hasn`t moved closer enough, or may be she hasn`t started working where you work yet. Love can take time, there`s no need to rush, enjoy your life as a single man for now^^

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2008
  3. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish. Wishes might come true. :biggrin:

4. lifeisashedog

No, seriously, I had a few girlfriends and believe me: Even a perfect girlfriend is 50% of joy and 50% of pain. But I am single now and I understand you. It is less stressful but it feels kinda cold at nights :(

5. lostpuppet

lostpuppet Member

I envy you.

6. Fishman

Fishman Guest

It used to get me down that I am alone, but after seeing so many horrible relationships I am not so bothered, I wouldn't want one just for the sake of it. If I don't find anyone then thats what happens..nothing I can do about it. emotions such as love can't be forced.

7. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Close friendships rule

8. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

you are absolutely right. The grass always seems to be greener on the other side till we get there and look back with regrets. If I were to ever break off from my existing relationship, I would not get involved in one again.

9. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

No, i dont think so. Well, it may be good and it may be bad, but the fact is that you FEEL it. Even if it is bad, it is an intense feeling, and that is good.
    I think his problem (well, because its what i feel, and i had a girlfriend once) is that he wants to feel it. Because his life is so empty and a feeling, good or bad, makes the difference.

10. Rammingstone

Rammingstone Member

I know you feel Lostpuppet...definately feel your pain. I'm 38, and I haven't had a gf since my late 20's.

I think the natural tendancy is to blame our looks, which I'm starting to think is pure BS. I've seen very good looking guys who look just miserable, and don't get positive feedback from women. Conversely, I've seen women flock around guys who look like they have no business even talking to them.

What am I getting at? Women don't react positively to men like us because of our attitudes. I think they're pretty good at picking up on the 'woe is me' vibes. If you feel good about yourself and feel confident, they will pick up on that too.

I've been on both sides of this fence and used to get very positive feedback from women in the times I felt really good about life. Now that I'm miserable, I receive feedback commensurate with the attitude I project.

How to turn a negative attitude into a positive one? Still working on that one. I'll post if I can ever get it turned around. You might want to check out this site on attracting women and self-improvement:

www.sosuave.com/

I hung around there for awhile, but you'll find there are quite a few jerks on that site. Most of what they preach is geared towards being a player. Manipulation is just something I've never been into. I'd rather find a woman who accepts me as quiet, boring and nice, as opposed to cocky, funny and outgoing.

11. lifeisashedog

I once read about a research some crazy shrinks made on topic

WHY WOMEN GO BANANAS ABOUT MEN IN UNIFORMS?

Well, their conclusion was that man who puts on uniform automatically starts to walk and behave more self/confidently and this is what women like.

I guess its true. I remember the days I escaped from home and school, went to work and got my first paycheck. I was young and stupid and to be quite frank not very handsome, but maaan I grew 5 inches that day. And it looked like all girlies are smiling to me only.:biggrin:

And now I am older and wiser and as blue as a boy can be and womankind does not give a damn for me anymore.:sad:

Maybe you really should start with loving yourself (I know, it IS hard) and the girls will follow.