why cant i go to sleep forever

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nicki, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

Why cant i just go to sleep and never wake up again....I have tablets sleeping tablets from my doctor and at the moment is so tempting to take them...I just want the pain to go away...I cant cope with the stress of living anymore...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Nicki,

:sad: I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way. What has triggered this? :hug:
    Please put the pills away :yes:

3. FrostyGrunt

FrostyGrunt Member

Wouldn't that just be wonderful? Sadly it's a slim to none chance you'd be able to push yourself into a coma until the end of your natural life without someone finally getting fed up and pulling the plug on your life support system. :laugh:

But in all seriousness however tempted you may be to swallow as many sleeping pills as you can fit into your stomach, don't. Along with possibly (and regrettably) killing you, you could survive and end up with severe brain damage. And there's no getting out of that with suicide, you're stuck in that miserable state for the rest of your natural life.

Also don't make the mistake of confusing the state of comatose or even just being asleep with death, it's nothing like your average REM cycle. No pun intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.