why can't I have normal sleeping time

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by rocknrollsuicide, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

A night owl through and through I am.

Yesterday exhausted as I was due to previously being 17hr on my feet for work reasons, I took a day off.

I slept in the afternoon, from about 3pm till 9.30pm.
    Now it's almost 2.30 and I can't fall asleep.

I am still very tired indeed but can't fall asleep.I have to go to work today, also because I got to interview someone yet again.
    My boss was so keen to take the lady I was not keen about in the first place that now he's having second thoughts himself about her, hence he asked me to contact this other person to interview tomorrow and see whether she would fit in or not. She sounded better on the phone than the one currently working in my office but I dunno yet.
    All I know is that I'm craving a long paid holiday.
    I'm knackered to the core.

So knackered that I cannot sleep.
    Certainly sleeping in the afternoon yesterday did not help, but my legs and feet were terribly aching and all I could do was resting.
    I just wished I could rest in peace for ever, departing from this awful planet in my sleep.
    That would be a dream come true.

2. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

hi rocknroll. Your sleep issues could be caused by a whole host of different things. Depression and anxiety lead to sleep issues. Various medications interfere with the natural sleeping cycle. Sleep disorders may contribute to the difficulties you are describing... A combination of factors might lead to it! Have you spoken to a Doc about this yet?

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

As MJsays there are a lot of things which can effect our sleep patterns. I don't know if you're on any meds but I've found that since I started taking ads my sleep has gone crazy.I know how awful it is when you are so tired but just can't sleep. Glad your boss seems to have realized you were right about who you should have hired but sorry to hear you'renot feeling good.:hug:

4. rocknrollsuicide

rocknrollsuicide Well-Known Member

Thank you both Snowraven and Music Junkie (I am a music junkie too btw).
    To answer your question about medicines: no I don't take meds. The only time I do is when I got headaches, like now and I take a Nurofen (paracetamol) and that's it. I really don't like pills, tablets and all that chemical crap. I don't believe in all that medical shit. I don't take vitamin supplements either. Have tried years ago but I do not enjoy the idea of getting nutrients via pills, it is really depressing.... I prefer getting my protein, vitamin, etc via real food I enjoy the taste of on my taste buds as opposed to shooting down a pill with water straight into my belly.

I know I am stressed and my stress leads to difficulty in falling asleep at decent hours.
    Oh Snowraven, about my boss being understanding: I don't think he was. He will never get rid of that girl I don't like.
    The person I interviewed today I knew was going to be a lot more appealing to me and she was. But my dickhead of a boss will never, ever agree to get rid of the other one I cannot stand to employ the one I met today.
    He is an arrogant selfish wanker and like all arrogant selfish wankers of the world he will never give me satisfaction.

Back to my sleep: when I do not have to go to work, sleeping issues are non existing. It is mostly when I know that I have to give my blood, sweat and tears the following day that I have issues....

Thank you again for your replies.

5. colt45

colt45 Well-Known Member

At my job I work first second third shift at anytime in the week with some shifts almost on top of each other. On my days off i sleep for hour, yet I still feel exusted.
    When I come hime third shit I feel exhausted I sleep when I come home. it is though; the house is active at this time.
    When I have to work at different time I have trouble sleeping I restless all night.

Too much is demanded of me from y job and I still treated like I am a kid. (I am the only one made work at these odd tme).
    I wish that I could have a regulr sleeping schedule.

I feel you pain too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.