why can't i just give up?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by theaterfreak, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theaterfreak

theaterfreak Well-Known Member

Everybody is out to hurt me!! My parents have royally screwed up my life; but my father is only sorry IF he's done anything wrong. My mom would rather just completely ignore me or blame every single thing on me. My two brothers don't give a crap about me. And my grandfather only likes me when I'm acting like everything is going well and I hide everything from him. My grandmother has way too much on her plate and I can't add to it. My aunt is too busy trying to change me instead of hearing what I have to say. If this is a family I don't want one. But on the other hand I do and I hate that I can't just close my heart to everyone. Why do I keep trying? Why can't I just give up and be heartless like them? Why do I keep letting them hurt me? i just want to give up
  2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

If you give up because of them, then they win. Just stay strong, believe in yourself.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

No! No! I don't want to hurt you!

I love you!!!!

Maybe you could try therapy or family therapy?

It sounds like your aunt is trying to help, but is doing it the wrong way. Is that right?

Maybe you can straighten out your relationship with her if that is the most functional one.

I'm sorry to hear that things are so bad, and I hope that things get better for you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.