why can't i manage chat

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

been her for close to 3 years now

have only managed to stay in chat for any length of time twice

every other time i freak and leave

the times that i managed to stay it was to help someone else but if i try to talk about myself or too many people try to talk to me i can't handle it

every now and then i try again hoping that this time will be different - and when it isn't, i feel worse than before because i failed again

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh hun i am the same way I get so anxious and think and feel like i cant breath i try sometimes to go in but it is all overwhelming sometimes it goes to fast for my brain i think
    I often feel so ashamed to hun i can 't stay in there when i want to be able to talk to help hugs to you dam anxiety hugs

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You shouldn't feel ashamed for feeling anxious...I feel that way most of the time. It's just that chat can be hard to manage because there are lots of people there, and I know it can be hard to talk about things with people. I would be nervous too because it's a live chat, not exactly like private messaging where you are just talking one on one.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You haven't failed! Granted, there are reasons I can't use chat, but even if I could, I know I'd find it intimidating. It can be overwhelming, and so it isn't for everyone. But that's okay, there's nothing wrong with that and it isn't something to be ashamed of! :hug:

5. VikKalmbach

VikKalmbach Active Member

Hey, if you have a msn or something I'd love to chat with you there if that would be less overwhelming for you, and we can talk about whatever you want doesn't have to be you. Shit, if you like to listen I'll go on and on and on and on for hours about myself lol, please let me know if you'd like to chat cuz im looking for someone too. Never feel embarrassed about being anxious or getting stressed out, you are a beautiful person and although I dont know you personally I love you like a brother or sister,