Why can't I see anyone's profiles?

Sei Noelle

Public Access
I can see my own profile just fine but when I go to someone else's page it just says: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." Is my account still too new to do that?

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
I can see my own profile just fine but when I go to someone else's page it just says: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." Is my account still too new to do that?
can you get into chat?? clear your cookies and your cache, try that

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
okay so you havent been blocked from anything, in teh main forum you can ask the admin their is a section, send a message and they will be able to advise further as to why you are having this issue.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You should be able to view other members profile pages. There are members who restrict who can and can't see their profile page but that's usually only a handful of people. Can you see my profile page?

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
No, I get the same error message when trying to see your profile.
I've got no idea atm, sorry. I checked your settings and the only thing that I noticed was that you're not allowing anyone to access your profile page. (Staff are exempt though) But that doesn't explain your issue.
Hopefully we can work it out for you soon.

That is funny that nobody can access my profile. I didn't mean to block people from looking at my profile, only from PM'ing me (that was before I was put on Public Access). I'll go change my settings.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
OK, then I’m afraid I’m not going to be of too much help. Walker and Kira will be back and they will be able to sort you out eventually. I’m sorry it’s being annoying right now. Don’t give up. These glitches happen from time to time.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
@Sei Noelle This is a setting within the public access but I'm looking into maybe changing it as a feature. Hang tight on that ok? No one has ever mentioned this before and there's no (outward) reason I can think of that I can see for users not to see people's profiles.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00