why can't i snap out of it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by amtucker, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amtucker

amtucker New Member

i wish i could quit feeling so empty and dead inside. i'm tired of feeling like i have to keep everyone happy. i'm awake 18-20 hours a day,taking care of my kids and my husband,cleaning house,trying to figure out how to make ends meet and it feels like i never get a break. some days i just sit in the floor and cry because i'm so overwhelmed. i've tried talking to my husband but he brushes me off and i feel like he doesn't care how much this is slowing killing me. i struggle with harming myself constantly but some days i don't want to stop with just hurting myself i want to keep scratching and cutting until i'm gone. i love my family but i hate myself for wanting to just walk out and disappear. would they care? other than not having me there to do everything. sorry i just need to get this out trying for distraction to keep some of the thoughts out.....i don't know how life can ever get any better for me i'm ready to quit trying

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  2. kristy1970

kristy1970 Active Member

Hi... I've been exactly in your shoes... I'd like to chat with u later... I'm now with my 14 yr old at her therapists office

3. amtucker

amtucker New Member

thanks,that would be great

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, amtucker. Welcome to SF! I'm sorry you're struggling these days and that your husband isn't being as sensitive as he might be.

As to your question in your thread title, when we have depression, we really can't "snap out of it." (Who would choose to be depressed if they could feel better, right?) Depression is more than a blue mood or a bad day; it lasts a while, dulls our wits, and makes it hard to do even ordinary day-to-day activities.

It might be an idea to see your doctor for a physical and to say that you've had a low mood lately. He/she can rule out a physical cause that might be treated easily (e.g., low iron can mimic depression).

I hope you'll keep posting so we get to know you. And venting can be immensely helpful. :smile: Take care and stay safe. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.