Why can't I stop these thoughts?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Herman, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Herman

Herman Member

I wake up every day in the same bed, with the same stupid, self-deprecating thoughts. These thoughts range from very specific interpersonal events right on up to dialogues that encompass our societies as a whole.

Maybe it is just me, but, it seems like there is an extreme cognitive dissonance that is growing in this world. Just look at our political systems. Collusion and special interest groups have replaced transparency and the democratic process. The media, and news especially, run stories that fit into their own political and economic agendas. The disinformation spread by social media is a plague on the conscious observer. How are we to make informed, coherent decisions within this system? It all seems so hopeless. Again, maybe this is just the rambling of a broken mind. Perhaps, this is a waking nightmare that I paint every day. The thought that I might wake up from this one day is comforting. Today, I can't shake the feeling. Thank you for taking the time to read these shambles.
  2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

SF is as close as I get to social media. Not a lot of time for it. I only got a mobile phone recently so my partner can get me when I am at group sessions. Otherwise I wouldn't bother owning one. I seldom watch tv or read newspapers. I speed read headlines online, seldom stopping to fully read any articles or stories or watch any videos. Its because none of it appears to be done without some form of bias. So I do tend to agree with where you are coming from.
    Brian777 likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Kinda reminds me of Ancient Rome before its fall from decadence within. I'm with @SinisterKid I stopped watching news ages ago, it only perpetuates the fear and hopelessness. But I believe for all the bad news put out by government media keeping citizens in fear there's much more good news and good people that don't get the headlines. Hang in there Herman, better days are coming.
    SinisterKid likes this.
  4. ragermoon

ragermoon Active Member

Exactly the reason I gave up on politics years ago. And I hate when people tell me that I have no right to complain if I don't vote. Seriously, your precious vote doesn't mean SQUAT! But I digress.