Why can't I trust people? (rhetorical)

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Fadingsincebirth, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It has occurred to me that a lot of my depression is based on my loneliness. Now when I was in middle school, I was pretty much picked on mercilessly, pretty much by everyone.

*Ever wonder what happens to that happy quiet kid, who the kids make sport out of tormenting him**points to self**

Anyways, now that I am an adult, I have SO much trouble letting people get close.

I am a very friendly person, but I feel like I always have this wall up. It's so real, it's almost like I can touch it and feel it.

I mean is this why I don't have ANY close friends? I have close friends from my home town, but in my new home, I have no one close.

I always blamed it on other people, not giving me enough time to really get to know them, but I am realizing that the problem may be more related to me.

Sometimes I feel like I am absolutely mental. Like I must be paranoid. I just wish I could trust people a little more. I don't want to be friends with everyone, but I wish I could just let a few people in.

2. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

I used to be the target of many insults. I also used to dish them out. Not the instigator, but more of a "do it because everyone else is making fun of him" action. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I had done that and for the pain I may have caused. I'm sorry if I stood idly by, watching as this torment occurred.

I think you need to give people the benefit of the doubt. We've grown up since our juvenile years and (hopefully) matured. Though bullying has takes on a more professional characteristic, people tend to understand and empathize more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.