Why did I do it?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Shattered_oblivion, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered_oblivion

Shattered_oblivion Active Member

I had been cutting for about two years, I guess I started when my girlfriend was dating her ex. I really don't know why I did it. I figured at the time it was just the way it was, the only thing I could do to cover up the pain of not having someone and all the stress I went through. I still go through a lot of that stress, but now I have someone to share it with. My advice really, is never to start in the first place, but most people who read this already have. If you are still, you should stop, it only leaves ugly scars, and some things you will always regret. Find someone to help you out, to lean on. I became one of those people. Even with a small support system you'll make it through. So try please. And if anyone has advice for me on how to continue life without cutting, I would gladly take it. I still get that urge to take a blade and cut my arms deeply, and it never seems to go away.

2. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

Did you read any of the alternate methods listed in the sticky up there? Can you see a psych?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.