Why did my Kid say she loved me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cymbele, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Doesn't she know what a loser I am? She should - she helped prep me for job interviews last year and knew I felt I didn't accomplish anything that I was supposed to. She knows I can't make friends and was a disaster at my marriage and that I won't have another good relationship in my life.

Why did she say that when I feel that I am going to lose this job and end my life because I can't get another job?
  2. MisterBGone

Because she does!:)
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

My guess is that she said it because it's how she truly feels.
  4. MessengerFromHell

MessengerFromHell Well-Known Member

Because its the truth my dear. Dont be too hard on yourself. Self esteem takes baby steps to achieve. Take it slow.dont be too harsh on urself
  5. Syn

Syn Well-Known Member

She probably loves you because she knows you for the person you really are. I doubt she cares what kind of job you have or if you're in a relationship, she probably just wants her mother to be there with her, smiling and laughing.

Also, who says you can't make friends or find another job IF this one falls through? Who says you won't find a good relationship down the road? You never know for sure what will happen in this life until it's already happened, so don't give up hope just yet.
  6. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I just was planning the timetable to suicide as I was leaving for work. I made a disaster of a design -I'm an engineer - and found another mistake during the weekend. As I said I was leaving for work maybe figuring I'd get fired and she says this as I go out the door.
    I was out of work for 7 months last year and couldn't get a job. I can't go through another period of unemployment like I did. I was planning to suicide shortly and then I got this job stopping the suicide plans. I know I'm a failure. How can I go on knowing the guilt I'd pass onto her if i suicided? How can I live if I don't suicide? I couldn't.
    But thanks for your replies.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Because she sees the best in you, what you might not even see in yourself, but it's there. :)
  8. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

kids love parents with unconditional love just as parents love their children with unconditional love... as long as there is no abuse on either side to confuse the issue..... both sides can be hurt over and over, both sides can disagree with each other over and over, but the love never stops.... she loves you because you are her mom and nobody else can ever fill that place and you will always be needed by her and loved by her
  9. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

She knows how hard you are trying and she wants you to know she loves you
  10. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

instead of letting her love crush you, let the love raise you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.