Why did you come to SF?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by attack_amazon, Jul 21, 2009.

Why did you originally come to SF?

1. Uncertainty about going through with a planned suicide.

11 vote(s)
  2. To find advice about how to commit suicide.

7 vote(s)
  3. To post about a suicide already in progress/leave a suicide note

1 vote(s)
  4. To discuss why you want to commit suicide, before coming up with a plan

8 vote(s)
  5. To post about a crisis situation (past or present).

4 vote(s)
  6. To find support for depression, without suicidal intent.

11 vote(s)
  7. To find support for other mental health issues, without suicidal intent.

0 vote(s)
  8. Other, please explain below.

15 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity. What motivated you to come to SF?
  2. QuadLazer

QuadLazer Well-Known Member

Just to talk to people about suicide in general.
  3. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Uncertainty about going through with a planned suicide... what the hell was I thinking.
  4. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I went with deppresion,without suicidal intent but since there was no with intent I picked that one
  5. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Uncertainty about going through with a planned suicide.
    To discuss why you want to commit suicide, before coming up with a plan
    To post about a crisis situation (past or present).
    To find support for depression, with suicidal intent.
    To find support for other mental health issues, with suicidal intent.

A combination of the above, actually.
  6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I was searching for someone to tell me I was worth staying.

Great thread..
  7. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I'd just had enough of everything. Being betrayed my friends and family, life being made a living hell constantly, being bullied everyday of my life, I never had a father and that's why most of the bullying took place... my father walked before I was born, how is that my fault? A couple of other more personal reasons too.
    anyway, I was really down, didn't actually want to kill myself but felt it was a way out. Then I came here, and now, would you believe it, I'm actually happy? Me! Happy =] This place has helped me, but not as much as the people in it.
  8. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

I came because I was scared, and had no where else to go.
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Wanted to save my life and recover from depression
  10. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

mainly to gain some perspective and not feel so alone.
  11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

After my last attempt I googled suicide to find out why others were trying.. I found this sight and was curious..Once I read OP's reasons and the replies they were getting I stuck around. I soon found myself replying to others and it dawned on me that being here was good therapy for me..I have come close a couple of times since being on here and had friends step up and talk me out of it..So you might say the forum has saved my life and I try to help others so they can see the light at the end of the tunnel..
  12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

A friend of my family had just committed suicide and left in a note that he didn't know how to approach anyone with how he was feeling. So I joined to see if maybe I could help others who were struggling with some of the same issues.
  13. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I basically googled suicide for methods and found a few support sites, and eventually joined this one to find help. And I did! A lot of help! Helped me reach out before I could seriously attempt it.

Thank you very much SF! :love:
  14. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

I do not have a single rational reason for being here, but I could say it is one of the few places I come to where I can express myself and not be condemmed for doing so.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009
  15. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I was googling methods, wasn't looking for forums in particular, just anything that would help me die.
  16. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

I initially had joined the Psych Central forum but they had a strict rule about "No Suicidal Post" and since I couldn't express how I really felt, the forum there wasn't much help to me. But they had this forum in their links and resources so I came here hoping to find a place that suited me better.

I can't say that I was looking for help because my hope was already gone when I got here. Guess I was just looking for a place that related to how I felt. And this forum doesn't stifle people who want to discuss their suicidal feelings/plans/attempts.
  17. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

I decided to join because of suicidal thoughts (without a plan to commit suicide), self Injury, depression, and other related problems.
  18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Same for me. Nobody will change my mind, but its nice to talk to people who understand.
  19. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Same as Young Suicider.
    I was really suffering at the time, a friend told me about this forum and has been on it for a number of years. I joined it in a last ditch attempt before I planned suicide attempt.
    ...and glad I did. :) It has really helped me in ways I can't explain.
  20. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

When i first joined, it was simply because i was a member on another forum discussing similar topics, but for various reasons i wasn't safe saying some stuff on there, so i came here... i didn't stick around really, simply because i was worried someone would find out i had been on here, and the site name isn't easy to hide...

I came back because stuff now i have moved has driven me back down, and i guess i remembered that this was a good place, and that maybe i don't have to fall that far... even when there is no-one to help me, at least i know i can say stuff on here that people understand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.