why do guys expect perfection from girls?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TheLonelyAloePlant, Aug 26, 2008.

1. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I'm sick of guys who have their standards set too high.

"Any girlfriend I have has to be in perfect shape, with a perfect face and soft hair. She has to shave this, this, this, and this. Oh and she has to has perfect grades and love this. But she can't do this. She has to be between x height and x height. Dry skin is a definite no. She has to shower 3 times a day and be clean for her man. She has to be an excellent cook too. Oh and love all the games."

Why can't I be good enough for guys? Isn't there at least one guy who accepts you for who you are?

2. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Never heard of showing three times a day expectation...and there are plenty of guys out there, maybe this is an assumption but you are quite young and the guys you are dealing with are high school boys?

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Forget guys like that, there usually losers who act like they know what they want. Also if your in high school and therefore your dealing with boys, I wouldn't expect much from them.

4. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I agree!! I have the need to be perfect, Ive always had guys as friends, hang out with them, Ive heard it all. Im sure every women knows it and because of that, we get higher standards for ourself too. Look at all the women who have or had an eating disorder or who have done plastic surgery. And you guys complain when women whine too much about their looks???
    Ofcourse not every guy has these standards, some like tall, fat, hairy, short, but nah most men have high standards. It doesnt matter, highschool boys, men, grandpas, the difference is that when they get older they get more desperate, but they these expectations wont go, look at all the divorces when the women get older, had kids etc.
    And there are men who say looks dont matter, as long as shes sweet, but when you get to know them better, you see thats just bullshit. They dont always say it, but we women know everything :eek:hmy: Ive read it a lot here on sf or other forums. And than some are suprised that so many girls here turned gay :eek:hmy:
    Im sorry if im overreacting, im just a girl who has had an eating disorder and still has the need to be thin, because shes scared shes too fat and will be alone forever..

5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

The "men" (defined by their actually age but definitely not their mind set) that I have had the misfortune of being with, turned me into a person that sets much too high standards for myself! I always tried to be exactly what they wanted at all expenses to myself. At this point in my life (I'm 44) I will never let another man into my life or heart as long as I'm still breathing. These weren't little flings either, the first was my ex. We dated for almost 6 years then were married for almost 20 years. The next was the "father" (again loosely used as he just left one day on my sons 1st birthday)of my youngest child. The last was a man that made so many promises that I needed so badly at that time in my life. He too just vanished after I made what was a great leap of faith on my behalf. So yeah, malesWTF with the standards. Sit down and take a good long hard look at yourselves before you expect God almighty himself to drop the perfect person into your life because He probably already did but you were to busy playing God's gift to women!

And yes I know there are really good men out there that have their shit together and can truly love a person for who they are. I just havent had the chance to meet one cuz they are 1 in a million!!

6. blinky

blinky Active Member

I guess guys think women are theirs to pick and choose and they can have whatever they like. If they expect perfection they better be ready to hand the same over. No such thing as perfection, and if they walk around with a little shopping list they better expect rejection for not passing a list themselves. I hope some end up growing up and seeing the real world isn't plastic like on television.

7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I blame TV.

8. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's mostly the media's fault or the fact that guys like these are just so effing ignorant. blinky said it how it is - they need to grow up and realize we don't live in barbie world. Pathetic.

9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Because you're in what..middle school/high school? Guys at this age are just silly. Anyway, if a guy wants all of that from you, you're better off without him.

10. angus

angus Active Member

Something else to consider....are the guys you want also the guys that want you? In other words, how about all of the guys that do want you...but for some reason or another you don't want to be with them. I found that when I looked at my past I found as many guys that were picky about the type of person they date as I am about the type of person I date. Some really great guys also get stuck "in the friend zone".:smile:

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Perfection for me is not in physical features.
    It is in the extent that a girl is emotionally open and available.

12. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Welcome to high school. Most guys are shallow as hell and believe it or not most girls are to. I have yet to meet a girl who accepts me with ADD or mental instability on occasion.

13. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Fixed, it works both ways love, don't be under any delusions that there aren't just as many shallow women out there, if not more. Even then, I think women hold each other to higher standards than men with the amount of gossiping and backstabbing.

14. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Most guys i've known think women are theirs to own and are gods gift to them.

15. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I'm not just gods gift to them I'm gods gift to ALL womankind. Granted, ladies, you have to get in line, only 2-3 at a time.

As for owning, why buy the cow when you get the sex for free? (Jay)

(I'm joking).

16. sarah86

sarah86 Member

You have to be yourself and be patient (really patient). Maybe you don't shower three times a day, but you are a good person and one day someone will come along who appreciates you for who you are. In the meantime stick with your friends and loved ones, they already know how great you really are.:D

17. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

I don't know a lonely guy with high standards, so maybe all the women in the world should go on girlfriend strike for a month and then we'd all love you, lol.

18. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Adding onto to what Ivan said... guys mainly only care about appearance. Girls care about appearance, physical ability, the ability to talk and do things with them whenever they want to. Girls simply have higher standards than guys... why? Well girls are not usually judged by their peers on weather they have a boy friend or not. With boys you are basically judged on how many girls you can get. The most popular girl in school does not need a boy friend but the most popular guy in the school not having a girl friend is unheard of is an example to prove my point. But basically human kind is shallow and EVERYBODY judges based on different features. It is something everybody needs to get used to.

19. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I would have been a good boyfriend, I really dont care about perfection infact perfection was something that was a turn off, I liked girls with flaws and personality was always ahead, a girl who was happy was a bigger turn on then anything else

Anyway I unfortunatley had a injury over a month ago and I am no longer a real man, I will unfortunatley have to face a life of being alone because I would feel bad for any girl who was with me because I know they wouldnt be satisfied sexually

20. sithspit

sithspit Well-Known Member

The definition of a beautiful woman is one who loves me.

A girl tonight I spoke to seemed really interested, until she heard my voice and then decided I wasn't good enough. Kick, teeth, much?