why do guys like beard?

ShyGuy

I used to like having facial hair even though my dad would always ask me to shave it. and I still do, I think it makes me look a bit more mature. I look too young when I'm completly shaved or something like that. But then I heard recently, a few months ago, that apparently beards have a lot of bacteria in them..? (idk if that's really true though) so I've been shaving more often. =x

ShyGuy

err actually I do have facial hair sometimes

I have a bad habit though =X I pull out my facial hair/beard..

Maybe I just do it when I feel stressed and anxious. When I first moved out, my mom said she noticed that I haven't been pulling out my facial hair anymore.

but yeah I have some beard stubble. I keep pulling out the hairs though. Its a habit of mine. I feel super anxious and start pulling out facial hair.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
when i was young and the dinosaurs roamed the earth i had a babyface. i couldn't stand looking so young. so i grew a beard. now i can't get along without it, everyone is so used to me having one. i shaved it off when my child was very young once and he screamed when i held him at first, he didn't recognize me. i will carry my beard to the grave and even then they won't shave it off. and obviously a beard in some cultures is a sign of virility...mike

Ixtab

I’ve had long beards and I tell myself it’s for comfort and to avoid shaving but really, it’s part of my schizophrenia I forget about my appearance and it just grows like crazy. I’ve been beardless almost a year. Everyone says I look younger without it and better. I like knowing if a woman doesn’t like beards then I don’t like her or it could never work between us haha. Not to get too personal but some women don’t like beards when you go downtown.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
I’m not a guy so I don’t actually have a beard. I think they can look great!

My favourite men’s facial hair is when a man with heavy facial hair is clean shaven, but hasn’t shaved since morning - the “5 o’clock shadow.” I love the little rub burn the guy can give with a 5 o’clock shadow. :)

Also, slightly unshaven for a day or two and unkempt can be attractive (if kept clean).

But what do I know? lol

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I am pretty much clean shaven here all the time. Now when I was in junior high school and high school I did have them it did help buying booze and such while underage. It did look like shit since I had not learned how to trim one so my started coming out like ZZ Top. LOL

Last edited:

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'd say for me, it comes down to a simple matter of hating the overall look of my face less with facial hair than without. You ever see someone with a shaved head where you just thought "God they have the wrong head shape for that, it looks bizarre"? That's kind of my face, it's just too round and poorly defined to look in any way acceptable clean-shaven.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I'd say for me, it comes down to a simple matter of hating the overall look of my face less with facial hair than without. You ever see someone with a shaved head where you just thought "God they have the wrong head shape for that, it looks bizarre"? That's kind of my face, it's just too round and poorly defined to look in any way acceptable clean-shaven.
It's still a nice face though :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00