Why do I always feel like nobody likes me or wants to be my friend?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Warrior2089, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

I'm almost 15 years old (March 7) and I have a good life, except that it always feels like nobody likes me. From 1-8th grade I didn't talk to too many people and didn't have many friends, and whenever I tried to (or try today) to talk to people I don't know I just get a weird vibe and I go back to just sitting there. It'll be in class and everyone will be talking and I'll just be sitting there staring at the wall. Whenever the teacher will say to get into a group for a project I'll end up working on my own.

I've always had this paranoia that I'm mentally retarded / that people think I'm mentally retarded which is my main concern. Every where I go I'll be thinking about how I'm looking and if people are talking poorly about me.

I just never feel appreciated by anyone and I never feel that anyone wants to talk to me so I always feel alone. My mom helps me by texting back and forth when I'm feeling bad which helps. I have thoughts of suicide at least 2-3 times a week and it's just been terrible feeling for over 5 years that no one likes me or wants to be my friend.

I don't want to make this long so I'll stop it here. This is how I feel and I just wanted to unleash it. Please reply.

EDIT: Also I don't know if this is medical or not but it'll take me until 9:00 PM starting at 6 or 7 to get my homework done, not that its hard but I can't concentrate. I'll sat down at a table with almost complete silence and I'll sit there, staring at my homework and my mind will either go blank or I'll start thinking of other things. It's like I can't work for more than 10-20 minutes and it makes me feel like a failure every night.

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I can sort of relate.

I am the only one in my circle of friends who has been unable to make any new friends in high school due to my GAD and such.

My anti-panic/anxiety meds help, but still I have trouble with people.

3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i feel the same way :hug:
    im also your age (february 18th im fifteen) so I can relate.

anxiety medication helps a tromendous ammount.
    if you think this is a big problem, please have yourself and mother talk to your doctor

:hug:
    talk to me if you wanna help.

i also get very easily distracted.
    it could be a form of ADD/ADHD or depression.

4. Seerbrum

Seerbrum Well-Known Member

I'm not a medical professional... no one here is... I think.

You might have ADD, its a real problem that effects many people, and the good news it's easily treated and beaten!

Your first problem, is that you are spending your time a lone. Well quit it!

And I mean it dude, stop that shit. Make yourself apart of something, anything that peeks your interest. And I don't care if its knitting, what ever gets you out there and talking to people with common ground.

Thats the key to friends, is common ground.

Meetup.com is a great place to find like minded people in your area, no matter what the hobby or interest. If your scared... its natural, use all the fear and focus it into being your BEST.

Don't beat yourself up either, its not worth it, and its meaningless. No one thinks you're retard... people are usually to self involved to even notice you, use that to your advantage. Take all focus off yourself, and focus on those around you.

The pretty little number you see at lunch? Ask her name! That cool looking dude in class? Ask him where he gets his cloths. Shit like that takes GUTS! Guts everyone has, they just gotta find'em. And you be suprised you might make a friend if you find that common ground!

And remember comparing yourself to your peers is useless. You're a human being with every right to life as anyone else. All you need is to get yourself out there and be yourself. You'll learn a lot.

Be confident, you came here, you typed a message.

You're 15 dude, I felt a lot of the same way. But now I'm a 21 year old man, with friends and family that care about him. I always had a hard time be social, it's a tough thing. But once you find the guts, its easy.

And if in the end, no one likes you or doesn't wanna be your friend... Well FUCK'EM. Their dirt balls not worth your time.

You came here asking for help, you're still holding on when most people give in and give up. You got guts dude, use'em now.

5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i have been where you have been, and it is horrible.

all i can say is stop caring.
    friends ay seem liek a great thing to have, but they're not, many are false.

i know you may feel alone, i sure did. but there will eb a time when people realise what their "friends" are turely like and then their eyes open and they actually look around.

be yourself, be proud to be yourself, even if you are different, or in your opinon though i doubt you are, mentally retarded. be happy you stand out. being a part of a crowd is so empty imho.

you have to live with yourself for the rest of your life, where will all those people in school be in your life in 5years time?

focus on you, the rest will come. if you want friends; extend your hand in friendship, but dont try MAKE them like you, just be you, they'll either like you or not. if they dnt like you its their loss. they are the one loosing out on befriending a decent person.

as for your homework, drawing a blank when trying to focus on something, and having the feelings your having, usually goes along with depression, but as was previously said, no one here is a professional, so you would need to see a doctor about that.

in the mean time, while your trying to focus on things or straighten out your thoughts, we're here for you :hug:

i hope we can continue to help you

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It sounds to me that your mom is very supportive of you. Sit down and talk to her. She was a kid once and might be able to shed some light on your issues.
    You might want to talk to your family doctor also. It sounds like you might have a little anxiety and irrational thoughts. Talk to him/her about it and see what they think. My best advice though is talk to mom!!!~Joseph~

7. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

Thanks guys. I'm thinking I have depression and social anxiety. I looked online at the symptoms list for depression and I have 6 of 7 symptoms, so that's gotta be it. Keep posting, I need support. Though you guys have been really helpful :smile:

8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Then the best thing to do is talk to your mom about seeing a therapist so you can get a real diagnosis and maybe get some of your problems sorted out. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.