Why do I blame my parents for everything Wrong in my life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shub11, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

I somehow blame my parents for everything wrong in my life

I blame them for not guiding me enough to build a successful career
    I blame them for bringing me in this world
    I blame them for passing on their looser genes to me
    I blame them for ruining my career and life
    I blame them for being selfish and always looking for their own interests

I do not why I do this , at the end of the day its my life I need to build it correctlly

2. Sleep

Sleep Active Member

We all need more compliments from family at times mate.

I hate the way my dad treats me and puts me down in front of other people which severely knocks my confidence. He seems to get a kick out of it but doesn't realise the mental affect it has on me.

3. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

I blame my parents quite a bit too.

But it's part of becoming an independent adult to take distance from this. At some point you have to decide that you are responsible for what happens in your life. By keep blaming parents you will never make real progress.

It takes time sometimes, but for example genes are not destiny... not everything is determined by genes at birth. Quite a bit maybe, but there's much you can do yourself. You still have free will.

4. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Can someone suggest me the name of some book or author which would help me get rid of this negative thinking and depression and help me feel happier

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think when we are injured early in life, it takes a lot of work to get through the situation...maybe discussing this with some one who is a professional would be helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.