Why do I bother?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by feathers, Feb 10, 2011.

1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Really, why do I? Because I can't help it, of course. At any given point in time, I will be attached to someone. Single, not single, doesn't matter. I try to avoid relationships because I get so attached and end up fucked up. But then my mind decides that I should have a guy who I fuck and kiss and cuddle, and have him around my house all the time, but not officially call it a relationship, and things will be better.

THEY ARE NOT BETTER. Especially not when he is so blatantly in love with 2 other girls and I'm fucking incredibly hypersensitive when it comes to my ego. I just wish I could be attached to no one and feel no hurt from anything. But then I feel hurt from being alone. Why must I always be in pain? Just wanna cry my friggin' eyes out tbh.

Why do we like to hurt so much?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  2. becausebecause

becausebecause New Member

I know the feeling. I'm so scared of finding someone because I know I will get attached to them. Then they'll break up with you, leaving you alone and hurt and hating yourself for trusting someone so much.
    Then you vow never to fall for someone again..
    ..But you do it again.

It's a vicious circle and idk if there's an end to it.
  3. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Because it makes us feel alive.
  4. house_atraides

house_atraides Active Member

Well it wouldn't be good to just have someone there to fill that void. It always comes back to hurt you. You know deep down inside, what you want. It might seem like a fairytale but don't stop until you have it. It took me a long time to develop this little method, but it seems to work well. In order to weed out the good and bad. Spend alot of time just being friends. No physical affection and truly get to know each other. Maybe a couple of weeks, maybe even months. The relationship will be ten times better. I wish I always did it like that. I hope your doing ok though and I wish you the best.