Why do I come here?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Life is Dead, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Life is Dead

Life is Dead Active Member

It's not like there's anything to do.

Altruism here and there, but in the end,
    just morbid melancholy.

I come here and face depravity
    (during which I am often calling for comfort).

The authority contravenes itself;
    calling for order falls on deaf ears.

So...

Why bother?

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

It's good to help people, that's why we come here. :smile:

3. Life is Dead

If that's your conclusion, I'll have to disagree.

4. Life is Dead

Time and time again, I've seen people who need help get rejected by this forum in its entirety. "Where are they now?" Likely dead.
    This place is nothing but a big popularity contest.

5. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Im not popular either here, so if you ever want to chat, Im here.

6. Life is Dead

Sorry, But I have strong doubts about that.

7. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

The offer stands.

8. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

I know exactly why I come here (mostly) and why I go elsewhere. Why I visit forums and post. I do it because i'm seeking other people for ideas and feedback. In general, I'm looking for people to talk to. My life at home is too quiet and i've never been an upbeat person that runs around in the world. The easiest answer for me has always been to use the computer because the going outside the door costs more money and it does not come natural for me because of social anxieties (self-consciousness, fear, etc).

And no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get myself interested in people in general. My interests are too narrow. I like the presence of people and like to see people that're happy, but I don't think I'm attracted to it like normal people are. I'm not a guy that runs after others and talks about sh** and parties and has a blast. I'm too stuck inside myself for that. I think if I was like that it would help a lot, but my personality is not like that and changing myself so that I am more like that is like telling me to like a different flavor of ice cream or to be interested in a subject i've never been interested in before or to be sexually attracted to apricots or almond butter.

Don't know if that all helps, but that's why I'm here and in lots of other places.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
  9. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Pretty much how I feel.

Why do I come here?

I don't really know. I don't have much else to do in my life. I'm on school break for like 2 months so I'll just be surfing and refreshing SF continuously. I kinda feel safe here. But staying here also handicaps my ability to try and get better. It's not like I'm trying anyway. I'm slowly fucking up my life until I feel like checking out.

Popularity contest? Here? Sure, some members seem to get more attention, if you wanna call it that, but that's because they post a lot. I don't post a shit load, nor do I really talk a lot. I've seemed to have lost the technique of talking to people in general. I don't have much to say in the end. My life consists of sitting in front of the computer, going to school, watching TV and that's about it. Don't have any social events or sporting occasions. But what should one expect if you're something of a selective mute? Not much I guess.

I also suffer something of a mood stability problem. Well that depends. Most of the time, if my mind is somewhat distracted, I'm alright(so to speak). But it's when a stressor, like some sought of social event, is put into my life that I can't concentrate. I'm basically continuously sad, I have no clue why. At times I'll have a split second feeling of positivity. I'll feel as though I can really get better, and lead a happy and healthy life. Then, as soon as it's here, it's gone. Back to the drone.

I really have no advice to give. People with advice have had life experiences. Something I don't generally come upon.

Just...try and stay positive or something. We can chat if you want, I don't really mind.

10. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

you come here because your awesome and want to live a long, happy life. :hug: 's for Lifeisdead-chan, my tentacle friend (u know what this means)

11. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

this is beautiful

12. Life is Dead

Can you text me? It's the only reason I've stayed as long as I have...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.