Why do I even bother anymore?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Golden, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Golden

Golden Member

There's no point in my life anymore. I know I'm going to fail university again, just like I did last year. The studies I'm doing aren't even something I'm interested in. Even when I don't fail, I'll be in the exact same position as I am now. Lost in life, with no direction, no happiness at all. I don't think I even know myself.

Why am I living?
  2. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

to mess up studies isnt anything you should kill yourself over

and life will seem meaningless until you find that something or someone that you want to dedicate youre time to...

or study harder? i dont know, school wasnt my thing either

nobody can trurly know who they are i think

and youre living just to maybe get that chance in life that you always wanted

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time especially at university. Are these the basic courses you have to take and get out of the way in order to study what you'd really like to persue?

I've always understood from others university while challenging is easier with respects that at least you're studying something that interests you. Idk I never did it myself mainly cause I didn't know what interested me at the time. I've considered it lately, but I have other things holding me back from doing it now otherwise I'd jump all over it.
  4. Golden

Golden Member

Thanks. I don't really want to commit suicide but I just can't seem to move on.

Part of me wants to study very hard for the exams that are coming, and another part doesn't want to because it feels so pointless.

Not really, I just chose the studies because I didn't know what to do and I still don't. And if I don't study, I won't get far in life and everybody will see me as a disgrace. I don't want that.
  5. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

So youre just asking random Philosophical questions then :)

well all i can say is that school makes no sense until you use the education

and if you have good grades, keep it up... no time to waste wondering if things are pointless...
    thats easy to answer; things are pointless, but you will live for the basic urges...

life is great lets masturbate... or maybe you just may have the luck to meet the dream of youre life at school... i had plenty fun, but no study was ever done hehe

OR just shape up youre act, school is a privilage and should be treated as such, think how lucky we are that we have running water...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
  6. ofeliac

ofeliac New Member

i know where you're coming from. i'm failing university right now and it's ridiculous because i know i could do well under normal circumstances. it's hard to study for something and force yourself to do well when it all feels so pointless- like why even bother if in the end it won't make a difference? i suggest you work hard because feeling productive always makes me feel better about myself. you just have to trust that it will all be worth it.
  7. Golden

Golden Member

I see what you mean... I guess it's best to just study, better than sitting around whining all day.

I hope you don't mind me asking but what is your job? I just would like to know if someone who hasn't done university or college can stand in society

I see... thank you for posting, I feel a little better now knowing there's someone who can relate to my problems. I guess I'll just have to do the same thing you're doing.
  8. Tiredofitall

Tiredofitall Active Member

Sometimes, I just really need to know what's behind that next door, or what's around the next bend in the road. Sometimes it's something really cool, and you're thinking, "Man, I'm glad I didn't miss that. That was fucking awesome!"

That's the thrill - seeing what happens next. Not sure where it all leads to, but I'm curious to see..........
  9. Golden

Golden Member

I understand what you mean, but I'm still very scared of the future. I really don't want to become the garbage of the society.
  10. Tiredofitall

Tiredofitall Active Member

Well, no one does. But I think we need to be bold enough to face it even though the future is unknown and uncertain.

We all wonder what life has in store for us. I think about the soldiers that died on a sandy, soggy beach somewhere. They had hopes and dreams also. They thought they would have a long life full of family and joy. And then it all ended for them much sooner than they thought. Hardly seems fair.

None of us are promised a life that is good, bad, long or short. But we all have to risk to some extent. It's fulfilling when you can risk in the direction you want your life to go. Otherwise, life just happens to you, and it's hard to regain control.

I'm always happier when I make life happen instead of just letting it happen. I may fail miserably, but I'm at least in the driver's seat, and that's where we belong.