Why do I fail at everything I do?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheLonelyAloePlant, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I signed up for tennis, hoping for something that I could be good at.. My first day didn't go very well. I couldn't hit a ball, and when I did, it went behind me.

The only thing I'm decent at is playing the violin. Without my orchestra class to go to during the summer, it feels like I'm sinking into a hole. That class made me happy. Tennis just makes me feel... not good enough.

My friend invited me to her house, I was hoping we could just hang out together alone. I felt special that one person wanted to hang out with me. Turns out she invited someone else I didn't know and likes way more than me. She likes my best friend more than any of them like me. I don't know why I bother to leave the house. Anywhere I go, I'm rejected. I don't get it. I'm not horribly horribly ugly.. I like to think I'm pretty friendly.

The only guys who have ever liked me? I've either been oblivious to their attempts to get close to me, or they're overly clingy and won't leave me alone. I've passed up so many chances with this one guy, and looking back, if I had taken them, we could be together like I wish we were.

I'm 14- I want to start drinking so I could just forget all this bullshit for a while...
  2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Your friend likes you well enough to invite you over to hang out. So what if she likes somebody else better.

Instead of tennis why don't you try something else out. Dance, self defense, swimming, whatever. You'll might find something you're good at and enjoy and you'll probably make some new friends that way.

You'll have plenty of time for boys when you're older. You're so young now you shouldn't worry about relationships.
  3. TheLonelyAloePlant

I was thinking of not going because I would be a detriment to them..
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun

Drinking alcohol won't solve anything.More likely,it will worsen your depression or you could become dependent on it. I'd stay clear of it.
    I also like tennis, when I was younger I used to play it a lot, it takes a while to get the hang of it and become any good ,keep at it. It will keep you fit too.
    Don't worry about boyfriends,you are 14,you have PLENTY of time for relationships.I hope you being to feel better soon :)
  5. hotaruyuki90

hotaruyuki90 Well-Known Member

I totally agree! :biggrin:

You should leave boys and so called 'friends' behind for some time and just focus on yourself, find your way of living, concentrate on things that you like.
    If you feel like someone is hurting you just leave this person. You'll meet many people in your life, don't worry about everybody, especially about those who make you unhappy. They really aren't worth your attention.

Best wishes :arms:
  6. TheLonelyAloePlant

That doesn't excuse the fact that I'm a failure in anything athletic.
  7. hotaruyuki90

You really don't have to be the best at everything. You said you like plaing violin, so maybe art is your destiny? You should think about it :)
  8. hotaruyuki90

Just don't give up!

Fingers crossed :)
  9. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

A lot of people are not athletic. It's nothing to be ashamed about. I'm a failure at all things musical despite years of lessons, so I do other things now.
  10. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hello, LonelyAloePlant,
    I'm sorry you feel so low - especially about yourself. Y'know, I'm not so great at tennis myself...And playing the violin? :eek:hmy: If even given the chance, I'd suck! :laugh: (But man I'd love to be given that chance! And that's not going to happen...:sad: - you're luckier than you know!)

Everyone has a talent of some kind. I bet there's been a world cup tennis champ or two who always wanted to play the violin and can't. I'm pretty sure, as well, that the same tennis champ couldn't hit too well on the court at first, either. Same way that it took effort and steady practice to learn how to play the violin.

So, my point is, how about keeping with the tennis lessons? At worst, you'll stay the same, but you'll have tried. There's a good chance that you're going to get the hang of the game and technique! And it's possible you could become an ace player!

Seems you've had a rough go. I notice people saying don't drown yourself in alcohol. Maybe put the bottle away, sleep well, and face the world tomorrow.

Anyone who can play sports, or perform or play a musical instrument, do art, writing, heart surgery, physics...etc., whatever their talent is, is already a champ in their own way, hun!

(PS: Yaaaayyyy for TheLonelyAloePlant :cheer:)
  11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Don't give up just because some things didn't go as planned, there are plenty of people you'll meet who will turn out to be good friends, and plenty of hobbies you can take up that you will be good at. Just keep perservering and give it some time. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.