Why do I feel less depressed when I think of suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dusk, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusk

dusk Active Member

Ive been more depressed than usual the past few days. But I really *really* started to consider suicide today, and started making a plan. And I felt calm. I wasnt feeling so down. Why is this?

2. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

I think you know why. Why do you feel depressed in the first place? Usually there are issues that causes you emotional pain. Are you alone, is there someone who can help you with your issues?

3. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that your feeling so down right now,i can totally relate tho.Same thing here,i feel trapped and that nothing is gonna change for the better so when i think of ending it i guess it's natural to feel better because suddenly there is a way out,a way to end the torment.Hope things get better for you in some way.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yes, feel like you have a way to escape your pain, a way to take control of it. This is natural. Common. Part of depression is feeling helpless to change for the better, hopeless future outlook, misery beyond possibility of escape. That's why this line of thinking can feel like a relief.

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Exactly. So to if instead you make positive plans you can feel some degree of relief from what is depressing.

6. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

I too get this feeling. I guess it is normal to feel better when you feel like there is a chance for something better. Even if that is through suicide.

7. I had it before.. I was suddenly feeling happy when I know I can get over with it by suicide.. it's natural to suddenly feel peace and calmness..
    Luckily I am still alive, or else I can't enjoy the victories of all my marathon runs years later.. I didn't know that I could do so much better than I first thought I could..

8. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

This is the only time I feel uplifted. Just think, peace and quiet, no more annoying loud ear ringing. Goodbye tinnitus! Goodbye the rest of the ten thousand problems that I won't have to deal with! I can't wait. Death? Bring it on!

9. dusk

dusk Active Member

Thanks for your responses. Theyve helped me.

Yes, I have people around me to help. I just cant do this anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.