why do i feel the need to cut again after 14 years

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by sui caedere, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

well i think the title tells it all.
    i have not cut myself for 14 years but over the weekend i lost it and did it again.

it felt so good feeling and seeing the blood run out it felt like all the pain and shit inside was just running out off me.

right now i want and need to do it again.

i keep stoping myself but i know it will happen the feeling of wanting it will get just to great.

what the hell is wrong with me to want and do this again.
    why can i not just deal with things with out the need to want to harm myself even want to kill myself.
  2. riz

riz Senior Member

Self injuring is an addictive behavior. Just like a recovering alcoholic should stay away from booze in case of a relapse, self injurers must watch themselves everyday. It's easy to fall back into bad habits.

But, just because you relapsed once, or even a few times, does not mean it's not possible to start again. This time it was after 14 years...but there won't be a next time if you try hard enough to stop. This just proves that you have the strength to stop again.

I've been self injuring for 11 years, and I can only wish that I will be able to stop for as long as you have. Don't be hard on yourself. You can do it again. With your strength and the help from people here at SF, you'll do fine. I can tell.

Please stay safe, and if you need anything, PM me.
    With love, :lips:
  3. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

i have been self harming for yrs.sum times more than others,wiv me its a stress issue.i cant and dont cope with stress..its my little world which i climb into.the hardest thing is to try and hide it after
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.