Why do I fuck Up

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by GoldenPsych, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Ok, so I am the most stupid person around. My bloke went away for weeks today so I feel like shit. I have a new housemate. We got drunk and ended up going out. I passed out in toilet s of 2 much to drink and ambulance was called. So the hospital basically told her my whole medical history. Everthing. |The overdoses, the self harm. No one knows about any of it! not even my bloke. Now she does as of hospital people. Today was going to be the day that was my reckoning. She moved in and things seemed to be ok for a bit so put todays plans on hold. Now after that well I cant live with someone who knows everything and everything just seems a million times worse. So now all i ca think of is what I can do. I dont have anything at all other than herbal. I want my bloke but he is on other side of world!!!!

2. GoldenPsych

Yet at the same time i am going for something that will be constude as an accident of wrong types of meds all together, just waiting for it to kick in now, and now i ahve more reason than before!!!!

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that:hug:

4. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I can't beleive that the hospital staff disclosed your personal infomation to another person, this is ILLEGAL! They are bound by law to keep your medical records in the strictest of confidence and are NOT allowed to discuss them with a third party without your consent, even family members. You have a good case for complaint, and even compensation for this if you want to take it that far. There are organisations out there that deal with medical fuck ups like this, you should seriously find one.

Hope your doing ok.

PM me if you need to :hug:

5. GoldenPsych

But who do I contact and would I have to disclose further bits of my medical history. The paramedic told her he recognised me frm when he had seen me after cutting and over dosing and that tried to jump out ambulance and nurse told her about previous overdoses!

6. TheWr0ngChild

You could make a complaint to the hospital administrator or whoever is in charge of that hospital or your local PCT (primary care trust), would be better to do this written if you feel up to it, because they broke the law, simple as that. These things get me very angry, sorry if I have not helped, but it seems these IDIOTS told your room mate this in a very casual, highly unprofessional manner and needs to be dealt with. In my eyes there is no need to disclose any info apart from what they disclosed, keep it short and simple, if you are in touch with a solicitor for any reason, they might be able to advise you on the best course of action.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  7. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Goldenpsych, as Tin_woman has said, what the hopsital have broken serious contract laws and they had no right whatsoever to disclose such information. I know that this cannot change the situation for you, but you should really seriously think about contacting the PCT.
    This is something i do as part of my job and i would be happy to help you with any complaint. the easiest way to get this support would be through your local MPs office. They are trained to be very considerate and your information will go not further. They will be used to complaints of this sort xxx

8. GoldenPsych

Are paramedics bound by same rules. If they have not refered to notes but recognised me and told her what had happened then is that still wrong. The nurse also told her about overdoses. I have not spoke to my flat mate about it as I am embarrassed and now we are avoiding each other!

9. TheWr0ngChild

Of course they are, they are NHS employees and are bound by the same laws as doctors, nurses and anyone who works for the NHS. The nurse most certainly broke the law too. As me and diluted_angel said, there are people who can help you fight this one. As for your flatmate, the damage is alreaddy done, and you should sit her down and calmly explain your curcumstances, if she chooses to take it the wrong way, it's her loss.

10. famous.last.words

Tin_woman is totally right. They all come under NHS staff and they all have a responsibilty to keep your medical information confidential. You were treated very badly and you shouldnt let this go unpunished. From experience, you will probably get just an apology from the PCT, but there are higher agencies you can press the issue with. Whilst i know this might not help you, it could save someone else alot of suffering. xx

11. TheWr0ngChild

All you really need is for someone who is passionate about your rights to take the case on, they may be able to tell you what you might be entitled to in ways of compensation etc.

12. GoldenPsych

I am just serously pissed off. I dont talk to anyone about anything and even my closest friends inc my bf doesnt know extent of things so for them to tell person i live with it has just made me so angry. I was looking at things about the law and things when it comes to patient records and mental health, I know they contact the nearest relative if they think you are danger to your self or others and that is it.

I didnt get to see counsellor today as surgery messed up so made a journey there which was a waste of time.

So first step...what do I do, write to hospital, write to PCT or solicitors!

13. TheWr0ngChild

I think you should start with your CAB, they offer free, CONFIDENTIAL advice on all kinds of issues like this, I have used them before and they are very good at it, other organisations like the NHS, councils etc are often "afraid" of them as they do have a lot of power and knowledge of your rights, or you could try to contact your local MP, if you know their name, you should be able to find their contact info online. These 2 options will not cost you any money ether, and it's just a start if you really do waht to pursue this further. Also if you get a chance to explain things to your flatmate, she might be able to give evidence that they did divulge your personal infomation to her openly.

14. famous.last.words

I would agree with Tin_woman, and also recommened the MP, depending on who your local one is, because they are confidentail and often get amazing results.

15. GoldenPsych

I am going to call CAB today see what I can do. I will try ringing after work!
    I am not sleeping at the moment. It's awful especially when I need to get up for work. It is driving me mad as I am constantly tired. I went to bed at 10 last night and all night I kept waking up. I get to sleep straight away but then keep waking up and leaves me drained all day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.