Why do I have nightmares every single night?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

It's been this way for like the past 2 weeks. For a while taking ambien was helping to get rid of them, but the last time I took it, I still had them. Last night I tried not taking it, and still had them. I don't have PTSD or anything, and theyre usually something random that doesn't even make any sense when I think about it later, but at the time it scares me. I don't know what to do about them. I don't watch or read anything scary. I am always quite stressed, but nothing in the dreams has anything to do with what I'm stressed about.

2. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

Do you wake up screaming? I suffer night terrors and I've develop some stuff that help me have a good rest.
    I can't help you releave your stress but still I'll recommend listening to some music while sleeping, that works sometimes for me.
    Also your sleep position may influence, if you sleep facing up you'll more likely to have a bad sleep so try different postures, also eating right before you go to bed it's not a good idea, so if you do that, try to rest a bit before going to sleep or try to eat something lightly. Milk helps too, it fills you, makes you sleepy and doesn't disturb you.

I hope I helped.

3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Unfortunately I have digestive issues so I don't drink a lot of milk, as it disturbs my stomach. I do try different positions too when i'm sleeping. No matter what i tried last night though i just kept coming back to the same dream. I ended up just forcing myself to wake up early cause i couldnt take it anymore. And yes I do wake up screaming most times.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I suffer from really bad nightmares and night terrors too. Sometimes it consists of random, odd but horrible things. Other time they are just plain graphic. I can't explain why I have them. I think it might have something to do with an overactive mind before sleeping.

5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

I slept mostly well last night until my fiance left for work. Then in early morning, I had a nightmare again and decided to wake up. I think, in theory, 2 factors contribute to my nightmares:

1. Knowing my fiance is there with me calms me. I can't sleep alone anymore because I'm so used to it the other way.
    2. I cried and released all of my pent up emotions to him about being depressed and afraid last night before we went to bed. So, I think letting all that out instead of going to sleep with it, may have helped.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am glad it eased a little for you hun :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.