Why do I have to die at such a young age?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by PollyAnna, Feb 20, 2011.

1. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Because I'm stupid.

2. tappa

tappa Well-Known Member

what makes you think your stupid?
    And your not dead yet so theres still hope :)

3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

ahh your not stupid
    no one has to die especially some one with so much love to give to others

4. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

you're not stupid.

i can promise you that

5. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

Hey, you are still soooo young. By the time you are 20, you will barely remember your high school years. Give it a chance. I know whatever has happened may seem like the end of the world, but trust me, it is not! You will go through life, reach extremely high points, meet amazing people, and you have a chance to do great things. Don't give up now and we all feel a little stupid sometimes.

6. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Yes I am . I always resort to suicide as an answer.

7. stuckinchicago6

When things get hard, it is normal to look for an easy way out. I know it may not seem like it, but there is always hope and a chance for redemption.

8. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

Im 23 and I feel like im done at this point. Since im in the reserves a part of just wants to volunteer for a deployment to afghanistan with my infantry unit. At least ill feel like.im doing something constructive there. Who gives a fuck if I die. At least there it will have been honorable.

9. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I would join the military,but now I have my own speculations about the war.
    Sorry.

Not for me.
    I can't redeem myself. I've been contemplating suicide for the last five years. And trust me,I've tried SO HARD to be hopeful ,but nothing cuts it anymore.I'm hopeless!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I've read your posts, you are far from stupid, contemplating suicide doesn't mean you're stupid. It means you need help. Are you currently getting any?

11. stuckinchicago6

There are still many more things to experience. Wait a few years until you can travel some more and get away from your family. You have to experience a lot more before you can give up. I'm happiest when I am away from my family. When I get back home and around all my familiar surroundings, I am miserable again. As a result, my goal is to just get away. You can get away and find refuge without ending your life. Find something you enjoy doing, something that is separate from your family and all your peers. Something that is all your own.

12. stuckinchicago6

Basically, I am trying to say that it seems like with a large number of us on here, there is simply a desire to escape from the pain that is our everyday existence. Right now, the only escape I have is when I work out and then go into the sauna. It is something small, but at least it gets me away and soon, I hope to permanently be away. You can find something too. Suicide is not the only answer to escaping and being rid of this pain that we are going through. Life can change. It might not change tomorrow, but it will soon. Hugs!

13. 2ndCity773

2ndCity773 Active Member

I agree. You are right. Each day I try to find a new way to escape so I can make it to the next. Then I do it all over again.

14. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I can't find an escape away from home because my abusive family won't allow me out,nor will I be able move out in the near future because I am obligated to care for my sick father.My life won't change any time soon.

I take antidepressants.
    They're ineffective.

15. stuckinchicago6

Hun, I feel like I am a prisoner in my house too. All I can do is pray and hope that this nightmare ends soon and I can start loving life. Deep down, I love life. It is my current situation that is a nightmare. Anyway, if you ever need to talk with somebody, feel free to PM me.

16. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

PollyAnna,

The only one you are obligated to is yourself. Parents give us life, they don't sell it to us with a obligation to repay them for the rest of our life. Buy your time and get out at the next opportunity which makes sense. One of my girlfriend was stuck in a nightmarish marriage. One day, she was 6 months pregnant with her 4 yo daughter, she said she was going for a week-end. She had only a little suitcase. Well, she ran, and never got back home. Things wont change overnight, but they can get a whole lot better and its way too soon to give up hope. Like any body, you deserve you chance at happiness. But sometimes we must fight for it.

17. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I've been persistently fighting
    and praying.
    Where's my happiness?

18. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

19. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed