why do I keep cutting? *triggering, maybe*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by netsirk, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

I don't get it. Things in my life all point to good but yet I still cut. Every time a little stress comes into my life I find a razor blade. Today I cut 9 times. All at once. I just kept going and before I knew it I had blood all over the bathroom. I'm not being abused right now, I have a new job, but yet I cut. I want to stop, I've tried to stop, but when will it stop?

2. riz

riz Senior Member

Hi Netsirk.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've dealt with self-harming since I was about 9 or 10, and sometimes it's not even when I'm dealing with strong feelings. Sometimes it's to find deeper peace, or to make sure that I'm still alive. Sometimes, even when things are going well, I need to know that I can still feel, because it's almost like I'm numb.

Cutting is a destructive behavior, not only because you're hurting yourself, but also because it's VERY addicting. Sometimes I find myself with a blade in my hand, and I'm not sure why I'm doing it. The key to stopping the behavior is to truly tell yourself that you don't need the behavior. Most of the time, that's the hardest part.

I hope that what I'm saying is making sense to you. If you ever need to talk, PM me. Stay safe.

With love, :lips:
    RiZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.