Why do I like depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like being by myself in my room, looking things up, playing games and not even caring about anything around me outside of it. I'll start thinking about a lot of things and It'll come down to me being depressed and I can't help but like it. For example recently while I'm working a girl comes and tries to hit on me and I just stood there waiting for her to pay for everything. I dunno.. It's satisfying for some reason to be alone I guess, was wondering if anybody might know why.

Nelly1921

Hi Nobody-Special,

I don't think that you like your depression. I think that it just has symptoms that can end up making us feel safe. For example if you are depressed, a lot of people don't understand and you don't have much energy. So you alienate yourself to deal with this. The alienation then starts to feel pretty good because you don't have to interact with people. It can make you feel safer in your room. Its satisfying to be alone because its safe. Its just you and there are no variables to contend with. I don't think its that you like being depressed, you like feeling safe.

Maybe thats why.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I also don't think that you actually like and enjoy the depression, I too think that the symptoms are a safe haven for you. Were you actually diagnosed with depression or self diagnosed? Either way... I think you should speak to someone about how you are feeling, it wouldn't do any harm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00