why do i trust anyone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by swimmergirl, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

when all that ever happens is i get hurt, disappointed and ignored. Fuck that.
  2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have been trusting the wrong people, perhaps swimmergirl?
    Hope you can still be strong enough to allow yourself to trust.
  3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Trust is like love, very easy to give, but seldom is it ever earned by those you give it to, which is why it hurts just as much as when you are betrayed by someone.
    There is nothing you can do about that except pick up the pieces and move cautiously onwards, learning from past experiences.
  4. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Well, it can be difficult to trust anyone at times, since it can be breached by anyone.

However, finding the right people to trust with all of your feelings and thoughts can be very rewarding. You can still trust, just be careful with who you give it to.
  5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Sometimes it is also good not to put your whole trust in any one person, no matter how long you've known them or are comfortable with them. Think of all of the little secrets you've got hidden away in your mind, the skeletons in your cupboard that only you know about - sometimes it is best to always hold something of yourself back.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
  6. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

Very true. No one should trust anyone 100%. Thinking about it, I don't even trust my own parents that well.
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I could have written that very thing myself SG
  8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

^ this... I could have written it too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.