Why do I want to Overdose?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by norcent18, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norcent18

norcent18 New Member

I am an 18 year old girl, I was diagnosed with depression over a month ago after I had gotten injured on the job back in March and have been on bed rest in May I went for knee surgery and 2 weeks later I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my leg, the next day I was having chest pains and was diagnosed with multiple blood clots in my lungs I almost died. I was extermely depression the month I had to spend in the hospital recovering and couldnt wait to get out, I have a bright future and should be starting college in September but nothing is working for me I wont be able to pay for school I am still sick and still recovering from knee surgery, but I cannot get the thought of overdosing out of my head I have this voice that keeps telling me to overdose theres no point on sticking around, and than I have another thought of I have a lot to live for and shouldnt do it but this other voice telling me to do it and take all the pills is starting to get over powering and I dont want to tell my mom or dr or anything cause they will just send me to the hospital for a 72 hour suicide watch, I just don't want to feel this way anymore I know theres a lot to live for and I have people that love me but this voice is over powering me telling me to do it..... Can someone help me please. Has anyone felt this before? What voice do I listen too?

2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Sweetie listen to the voice to stick around. You are too young to throw your life away. I think most people here have felt at some time the way you do now. If that urge becomes really strong, tell yourself you will think about it in a day or two. Most times after that day or so the urge is less. Also do you have a therapist? You will need someone to talk with to completely end the urge. Take care of yourself you are worth a lot.

3. girlblue

girlblue Active Member

Don't do it. You have so much to live for. You ccan get over the blood clots in your lungs ang leg. You can get over the depression. Seeking treatment early helps you recover faster. You can even find financial help for school. Call the financial aid office at your school and tell them your situation. They should be able to point you towards other resources.

Keep your head up! Life will get better!

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I can't tell you why you want to OD, but usually- these feelings can come because you're finding it difficult to cope with everything atm- and you're struggling.

I know the urges all too well- have you thought about seeking help from a therapist, or getting in contact with MH services? They might offer ways to help you cope better, and that voice telling you to not carry on, might fade out.

You sound like you have a lot going for you.

5. coffeekitten

coffeekitten Active Member

hey, please don't overdose, i know how it feels to be depressed over phyical illness. I have I.B.S and chronic headaches and that is very painful. I also have anxiety, depression and OCD.

you are still so young, and you have lots to live for.

if you ever want to talk to anyone just pm me :)

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi norcent. Please don't listen to that evil voice telling you to overdose. Listen to the voice that is telling you to stay around and continue recovering. Your situation will get better once your knee has healed up. Then you can work and pay for college. There is evil in the world and that evil voice is telling you to harm yourself. But there is good in the world too. Let God into your heart and please don't give up hun. :hug:

7. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

DONT give in to your negative side. We al have one. YOu negative side wants to hurt you because the negative feeds off that. If you give in you will give it a victory. The oart of human nature that likes others pain. DONT do it. LKet your good side win. YOU CAN AND WILL . YOu know better, Tell your MOM how you feel tell the doctor let that negative side die not you!!!! I'm praying for you and I send my love and hope!!!! You're going to win and go on to a happy life!!!!

8. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

I hope you will stay around. You sound like a great person with a lot going for you.

In 2004, I went to the ER with shortness of breath & chest pains. They figured it was bronchitis or something. Ended up being bilateral pulmonary embolisms in my lungs. To top it off, I found out I had a genetic clotting disorder (my mom does too). So I will be on a blood "thinner", Warfarin for the rest of my life.

When I get to thinking about suicide, it is never because of that condition.

Not sure if this helps or not.

If you ever want to talk/vent/scream, please feel free to PM me.

I am a good listener.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.