Why do people think that if you plan to kill yourself, you are unafraid of failing?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ldub20, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

That's pretty ignorant. Wouldn't the goal be to die? And wouldn't any person contemplating suicide fear failure?

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Re: Why do people think that if you plan to kill yourself, you are unafraid of failin

Some people think that a person trying to commit suicide is really not suicidal, but crying for help, which may or may not be the case. Fear of failure is something that everyone faces, not only suicidal people.

3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Re: Why do people think that if you plan to kill yourself, you are unafraid of failin

Hey
    I( failed fw times and yes made me even more lower but deep down was glad too fail as dave said was reaching for help the hard way.Yet sometimes it went to extreme and failure became a enemy.Very hard sometimes to experience everyones out look on this but all i hope for we all fail.

4. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people do, but maybe some don't just because they're confident in their plan or maybe they feel too shitty to bother with being afraid. I, personally, am afraid of that though...regardless of what method I choose to do it with. I just know that I have the tendency to screw everything up most of the time. No matter how simple or fool-proof it may be, I find a way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.