Why do some people behave this way online ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wanttodie, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

Ok, so Im fan of Anime and especially the Dragonball series. So I decided to join this particular Dragonball Z forums so that I could have some good discussions with others and may be make a few friends....but to my utter dismay i found that it was full of egotistical, self-centered, unfriendly, hostile and extremely hard hearted people...For example this is the first thread I made on that website :-

Im "Tien_Kikoho" on that website..I was really hoping for some good answers in a friendly manner. Instead this one user "Dark Slade" starts speaking to me in this way :

I mean is there a need to act like this ? Have I asked something wrong or offended some one ? Is my language inappropriate ? A lot of people actually discuss these kind of topics on anime forums so there was nothing stupid about it either and well may be I did not know much over there but things can be told in a mild way rather than throwing an attitude. I mean Im not forcing any one to read. How am I supposed to know that its been asked several times before when I joined yesterday ?

I try to avoid being rude but then this is the comment he leaves :-

Why throw such an attitude ? Seriously, Im done with this site..what a bunch of bunch of arrogant c*nts
  2. Nox

Nox Member

wow,that was one of the most well mannered threads i have ever seen...you have issues man...
  3. wanttodie

isn't that obvious otherwise why would i be posting here ?
  4. abandof

abandof Well-Known Member

Normal person + anonymity + audience = a**ehole .... simple but thats pretty much why most people act like that .... sad really... :dry:
  5. Cestmoi

Cestmoi Well-Known Member

Try facing the fact that you asked a question that is very often asked in that forum and to which there's no answer.
    And that it's not terrible to do something wrong.
  6. happypeople

happypeople Active Member

for forums that seemed pretty mild actually. ive seen people behave x1000000000 worse then that.
  7. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

ya that sucks that people have to be so freaking rude, what some people who are hard hearted might not find it rude, but it was rude, you do not need, to here more crap yet again, even on the suicide forum, common people could be nicer, then that... I think it was rude, there is no need, but people like me and you are far and between that have reall feelings do not worry let it go, if they want to live there lifes being jerks, do not bother with them okay...
  8. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

yeah that was actually not that bad compared to other forums ive seen.
    I mean, im not saying it wasnt rude, because it was. But its wasnt nearly as bad as a lot of other forums.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is one place they can feel safe being rude. I wonder if they behave like that in RL?
  10. wanttodie

im not denying what you are saying. i have been to forums where people of my own race have put me down and said worst things for having a darker skin tone but that was not my point here. It just triggered my anger yesterday as this has happened several times to me. Im hypersensitive and I do take things seriously on the internet; That's precisely why I stopped posting on most forums but I thought since this was just an anime forum, most people won't be that opinionated and would tolerate each others ideas. Some of those folks have even admitted that they argue there for the sake of arguing and winning debates.Why do you need to take something like a light hearted anime so seriously ? Its sad what the world is turning into. Does it give them an ego boost ? All im trying to say is why people are so rude to each other for no reason ? can't things be said in a milder way ? fuck, i don't even know anyone there nor did I know that it was posted before.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2007
  11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Don't take it personally. People obsess over 1 thing and then tend to become very snobbish about it because it makes them feel smart. I feel sorry for pathetic people like that who feel the need to be so arrogant online just because they are so powerless in real life.
  12. wanttodie

I was new on the forum, how am I supposed to know that ? And the question was asked several times by a moderator of the forum before and no one objected. Many people came up with relevant answers.I looked up the post history after he rebuked me.
  13. wanttodie

I call them pseudo intellectuals..Do these people even realize how idiotic they look?
  14. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hehe, sadly no. But try not to let them get under your skin. These snobs not only claim to be the authority on all things DBZ, but they tend to have some psychotic need to enforce forum "etiquette" with an iron fist, as if you were supposed to read through every damn post on the forum to make sure it was a topic that had never been addressed in the history of the forum, lol. They need to get a life :)
  15. down_and_low

down_and_low Active Member

Hey! Just wanted to say i love dragonball z too! It's totally amazing!
    I wouldn't take it personally, i tend to find some people are just not very nice online. I don't think he meant to upset you, and probably didn't realise what he said would hurt you.

16. wanttodie

yeah I think I agree with you. Being SPic is a very bad thing in this capitalist world today because the capitalist culture puts down the person who is very sensitive and "shy", or introverted. We're like second-class human beings just because of our inability to compete socially with less sensitive individuals. We easily get bogged down by such comments and they rankle in our minds for a long time. Thats unfortunate. And bullies are always looking for easy victims even online so that they can boost their fragile ego..
  17. wanttodie

it seems you like Vegeta...:laugh:
  18. Cestmoi

Well, for starters you could have looked around the forum before posting anything at all. That's the beauty of the net, you can lurk quietly to get the feel of a place, without being seen as strange.
    And tbh, you acknowledge the problem, you 're hypersensitive. So I don't exactly get why you 're looking for sympathy here, to bash those rude people. Is this any better?
    So much hypocrisy. So much eagerness to flame those bad bullies, who must have so many problems in real life and only find comfort in proving their superiority over others on a forum. Err, wait...

Understand one thing...being sensitive and letting what others say affect you is not a permanent state. You 're not a victim of cruel nature. What you let affect you is a choice and a matter of will.
  19. wanttodie

huh ? Those posts I am talking about were almost 8 months - 14 months old and I did look up some of the recent posts before I made that thread. Nobody really digs up all the old threads right from the start to get a feel about the forums. When you are going to post on a suicide support forum like this you easily know what you are supposed to talk about based on the theme and may be a posts made in the last 1 month or so. I am saying even though it was a minor event and I have had worse, that particular incident triggered me and I needed to uncork my pent up anger. You have a problem with that ? Don't read and get bothered its that simple. I'm not begging you for your opinions either.

I'm not expecting any kind of sympathy especially not from you considering that you make posts like this in response to others problems who are suicidal -

Every single one of us has our own set of needs and desires and problems and disorders. From time to time, everyone makes threads about them. Thats a norm here. Most people are ranting, abusing others in vile language for their problems and explaining their miseries. This is the only channel they can vent through. If we didn't have any issues we wouldn't really be here. Would you say they are all trying to gain sympathy here and flaming others ? Just look up how many threads are like that before you pass remarks like that about me. May be you should follow your own advice about looking up threads that you were giving me a while ago ? By the way, the nature of the posts of yours have given me a reason why I shouldn't engage in a conversation with you. No offence. Good bye.
  20. Cestmoi

None taken.
    Yes, this is indeed the nature of my - few - posts here, I don't offer any hugging smileys, or baseless optimisim, just objective truth.

By the way, since you bothered to read my post history, I think you should bother reading the threads in the entirety too. The second post you quoted concluded a thread where a guy posted about never going to get a gf and then it was revealed that he was doing a sociology report.

Someone should heed their own advice.
    The remarks are meant for all the people who jump in this thread and similar to express their disdain to those rude posters. If you can't see the irony, I can't help you. I 've also expressed this opinion in the bullies forum - go dig it up, I believe I 've only made one post there which I believe made quite a bit of sense.

And in any case, you 're still defending yourself to me, to prove that you didn't do something wrong. Ok, what if I grant you that? What if you asked a very sensible question that should spark an interesting discussion instead of the replies you received? The problem still is that you 're hypersensitive, that you let what others said affect you. And it's still up to you to work on that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.